Tattoo Policy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Policy

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Tattoo Policy

I'm 26 a recent grad of USF and plan to join either TPD or HCSO in the near future and was wondering what changes they made to their tattoo policy. I am planning on getting a small tattoo on my wrist or arm and would like to not have to cover it up with a long sleeve shirt since it's Florida and it's hot. Could I cover it with a watch or some sports wrap adhesive. Or will I still be required to wear long sleeves.

Unregistered
    I would honestly say until your in your LE career I would hold off getting a tattoo on your arm/wrist. While these may be your two choices it doesn’t mean you’ll get hired by us and some LEAs are pretty strict on visible tattoos.

As far as our policy...You are unable to currently use watches or bands to cover tattoos per policy. But your able to wear either long sleeve class A uniforms or you can wear a black compression shirt (long sleeve).

But to reiterate... truly contemplate getting a tattoo prior to getting hired. Why chance something that could cause issues down the road for prospective employment...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellothisthingon? View Post
    I'm 26 a recent grad of USF and plan to join either TPD or HCSO in the near future and was wondering what changes they made to their tattoo policy. I am planning on getting a small tattoo on my wrist or arm and would like to not have to cover it up with a long sleeve shirt since it's Florida and it's hot. Could I cover it with a watch or some sports wrap adhesive. Or will I still be required to wear long sleeves.
    The fact that you’re even asking this question illustrates you’re too immature/ stupid or both to be a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The fact that you’re even asking this question illustrates you’re too immature/ stupid or both to be a cop.
    Geez bit uncalled for

I would honestly say until your in your LE career I would hold off getting a tattoo on your arm/wrist. While these may be your two choices it doesn’t mean you’ll get hired by us and some LEAs are pretty strict on visible tattoos.

As far as our policy...You are unable to currently use watches or bands to cover tattoos per policy. But your able to wear either long sleeve class A uniforms or you can wear a black compression shirt (long sleeve).

But to reiterate... truly contemplate getting a tattoo prior to getting hired. Why chance something that could cause issues down the road for prospective employment...
    Thank you for the reply

Unregistered
    My advice is not to get any tattoos because someday they will affect your ability to get a job or promotion or who knows what else. I have seen it happen before to people well qualified for the job but tattoos prevented them from being hired. Especially in law enforcement or government positions.

Unregistered
    But I want to express myself! Wahhhhhh!

Unregistered

How cute.

Yes, by all means get your adorable little tattoo. This job needs more sweethearts.

Yes, by all means get your adorable little tattoo. This job needs more sweethearts.
    I'm adorable all on my own 😘

Unregistered
    Get a rainbow flags tattooed all over your body.. They will hire you immediately, and you will go far..All the way up to Mayor, if you wish..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast