Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Deputy View Post
I will soon be relocating to the Tampa/Sarasota area (about halfway between the two) and am looking for the best department possible for me. I have worked for a big city Sheriff most of my career and am partial to Sheriff's Offices over PDs but am open to all.

I am looking for a place where I will get hired and move up quickly. I know that most that post on here have a negative view of HCSO, but that seems to be true with most departments on this site. The SO where I currently work has a large amount of disgruntled deputies, but I am very happy where I am. We are only relocating for my wife's job and for better weather.

A little about me, I have a:
Master's Degree
16 years experience
3 years as a detective
5 years in Traffic
6 years SWAT operator
3 years as a Corporal
I am labeled as a "company man" but am very much a cop's cop and just enjoy my job.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.
Stay far away from HCSO! As one poster commented “it’s not all about the money!” Yes they are the highest paying S.O. in the Bay Area, but again it’s not worth it! There in turmoil due to the new administration. Your skill set truly won’t matter. What matters is either your race, sexual orientation and / or who you know! TPD is the way to go! They also have their fare share of problems but better pension and union representation! You’ll never see that at HCSO!! Also stay away from Pasco S.O. Their Sheriff and other command staff are looking at RICO indictments coming in near future! Choose wisely-your happiness depends on it!