How do we kill time - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Just one more reason they don't have to pay us more. $39.999.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just one more reason they don't have to pay us more. $39.999.
    Reality Check Please.

The dismal pay for all state law enforcement officers has nothing to do with the mission or responsibilities. It is supply and demand. The legislators control your pay and 87% of them couldn't explain the difference between ATF and ABT. Florida will never be a high wage state. It's the South. You could be SWAT, Robbery Homicdeand a SRO and your pay would still be lacking below what it should be. They could easily add trainer pay, exceptional duty pay, pro pay or any other the other DMS approved additives if they wanted to. They don't because there are no shortages of applicants for 40k a year. One more thing to consider. The legislature brags on Florida's cost of government. Only Louisiana and Mississippi are lower. What does that say for state employees ?

Unregistered
    Reality Check Please.

The dismal pay for all state law enforcement officers has nothing to do with the mission or responsibilities. It is supply and demand. The legislators control your pay and 87% of them couldn't explain the difference between ATF and ABT. Florida will never be a high wage state. It's the South. You could be SWAT, Robbery Homicdeand a SRO and your pay would still be lacking below what it should be. They could easily add trainer pay, exceptional duty pay, pro pay or any other the other DMS approved additives if they wanted to. They don't because there are no shortages of applicants for 40k a year. One more thing to consider. The legislature brags on Florida's cost of government. Only Louisiana and Mississippi are lower. What does that say for state employees ?
    That's 100 % correct. And one more reason I don't care and screw off 90% of the time. They get what they pay for. Great retirement gig!

Unregistered
    That's 100 % correct. And one more reason I don't care and screw off 90% of the time. They get what they pay for. Great retirement gig!
    You just proved my point. So how much would it take to get you off your ass and work?

Unregistered
    You just proved my point. So how much would it take to get you off your ass and work?
    $80 Grand plus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12