New uniforms?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New uniforms?

Unregistered

New uniforms?

What’s this I hear about them testing new uniforms? I guess I’m out of the loop.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What’s this I hear about them testing new uniforms? I guess I’m out of the loop.
    There's a loop?

Unregistered
    Kinder, gentler not as frightening to millennials is the rumor. Next it will be rainbow cruisers. No wait I forgot we already have one. Sick sick people running this 3 ring circus. And don't forget the Mayor. What a disgrace IMO.

Unregistered
    Kinder, gentler not as frightening to millennials is the rumor. Next it will be rainbow cruisers. No wait I forgot we already have one. Sick sick people running this 3 ring circus. And don't forget the Mayor. What a disgrace IMO.
    So I’m guessing load bearing vest aren’t going to happen? I’ve heard this rumor going around.

Unregistered
    So I’m guessing load bearing vest aren’t going to happen? I’ve heard this rumor going around.
    Load bearing vests would seem too aggressive and intimidating to the snowflakes, LGBTQ, minorities and millennials. The next thing you know they will ban black gloves because they too are intimidating.

Unregistered
    Liberal think8ng has destroyed America

Unregistered
    So are the load bearing vest a real thing or just a rumor? Pretty sure Temple Terrace switched to them awhile ago and other agencies are already testing them. Idk why we wouldn’t make that switch.

Unregistered

Load vest

They cover more, carry IFAK on Molle to save your own life if your shot in leg or arm, better on women hips and back without heavy belts many many other reasons. Problem is there is a couple tools in training that run their retired mouths that any outer carrier is dangerous and their personally preference is no. They can’t be to Militaristic as “bike” squad or the COP squad use them. It’s all garbage. We should be able to buy our own we just need department to tell us which one they will approve just like bike squad. It’s always a double standard here. Yes bikes can have load bearing patrol no. Beard ok if you pay. Beards not ok if you don’t. It’s comical. Body cameras is a MUST but no we can’t buy them for everyone. Hahaha

Unregistered

Pba

The pba should take it as a grievance as bikes are allowed load bearing but patrol no. So if I buy the same vest as bikes I am going to get written up for wearing it????? Good luck with that

Unregistered
    They cover more, carry IFAK on Molle to save your own life if your shot in leg or arm, better on women hips and back without heavy belts many many other reasons. Problem is there is a couple tools in training that run their retired mouths that any outer carrier is dangerous and their personally preference is no. They can’t be to Militaristic as “bike” squad or the COP squad use them. It’s all garbage. We should be able to buy our own we just need department to tell us which one they will approve just like bike squad. It’s always a double standard here. Yes bikes can have load bearing patrol no. Beard ok if you pay. Beards not ok if you don’t. It’s comical. Body cameras is a MUST but no we can’t buy them for everyone. Hahaha
    There is absolutely NO reason that patrol officers in any agency should not be allowed to wear uniform style load bearing vests. K9 officers have been wearing them across the country for over a decade now and why? Because they can carry things they need, get dangerous weight off of their hips and strip them off when they need to cool down. They also breathe better and are overall more comfortable. I know because I was allowed to wear one for years and instantly noticed a reduction of lower back issues and injuries. The funny thing is, the approved patrol outer (non load bearing) vest we have is the absolute worst one I have ever seen. It is a completely different color and material and becomes dusty and dingy after the first day it’s worn. Not to mention the tiny useless pockets that do nothing but curl up making it look even worse. Nice job to whoever picked out that piece of crap. I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter since so many show up to work looking like unmade beds in their wrinkled and dirty uniforms so the POS approved outer vest is perfect to keep up that stellar TPD image.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast