Active Shooters - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Active Shooters

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope, we are not supposed to run to our cars, we are expected to respond from where we are and fight the shooter(s) with our handgun. Unless you just happen to be in/near your car when the shooting starts. The schools need to allow us to secure our AR’s in a lockbox within the school.

You are on a suicide mission. Your handgun vs one, or several, AR-15(s).

Unregistered
    What a bunch of chicken $hit embarrassments. You run in and kill the MFer like a real cop.

Unregistered

Modify Your Tactics to Fit the Situation

If you have to go in by yourself, you revert to the tactics used in entering any structure on your own. Cover & concealment; staying out of the fatal funnel, etc. I personally never cared for the kamikaze, full frontal, "hey diddle diddle, right up the middle" approach in active-shooter training. The colonist's did well against British regulars by shooting at their marching formations from cover & concealment.

Unregistered

Cqb

You are on a suicide mission. Your handgun vs one, or several, AR-15(s).
    In a close quarters environment, unless you carry a SBR a pistol with plenty of extra mags could be an advantage.

Unregistered
    If you have to go in by yourself, you revert to the tactics used in entering any structure on your own. Cover & concealment; staying out of the fatal funnel, etc. I personally never cared for the kamikaze, full frontal, "hey diddle diddle, right up the middle" approach in active-shooter training. The colonist's did well against British regulars by shooting at their marching formations from cover & concealment.
    Yupp, a guy with a full auto, or guy who could knows how to shoot, could take out a four man team as they rush around a corner, coming in like bulls in a China shop. He could easily put up a barricade in front of himself, and he would have the upper hand.

Unregistered
    We don’t receive enough training. Why aren’t we all issued ballistic shields?

Unregistered
    Our policy on this doesn’t seem very safe to me

Unregistered
    Amazing that a topic like this can get detailed by the trolls and keyboard wizards.

Unregistered
    Our policy on this doesn’t seem very safe to me
    Because its all about how it looks on cameras. Not best odd, not tactics, not risk vs reward. People that would never be on the trigger created this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234