Active Shooters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooters

Unregistered

Active Shooters

Does your policy require a backup before entering?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does your mom?!

Unregistered
    Nope. We are expected to go in and take out the shooter.

Unregistered
    Does your mom?!
    Yes. Four man entry team. Lead, two flanks, and a rear man. All locked and loaded with long guns.

Unregistered
    Nope. We are expected to go in and take out the shooter.
    This is how it is now.

Unregistered
    Yes. Four man entry team. Lead, two flanks, and a rear man. All locked and loaded with long guns.
    This is how is was a few years ago.

Unregistered
    Good job! What a great way to stir the pot. This may be a troll post, but maybe some will speak up regarding this subject. Be warned. You may not like what you read. There may be some insults, but maybe, just maybe, some truths will be exposed....

Unregistered
    Good job! What a great way to stir the pot. This may be a troll post, but maybe some will speak up regarding this subject. Be warned. You may not like what you read. There may be some insults, but maybe, just maybe, some truths will be exposed....
    I’ve alerted the media to be ready for the truths to be exposed. They’ve assigned several reporters to be prepared and ready to go live the moment it happens. This could make it to the national news. Yet another enormous help provided by the dumb mutherfukcers posting their disgruntled delusional bull$hit.

Unregistered
    I’ve alerted the media to be ready for the truths to be exposed. They’ve assigned several reporters to be prepared and ready to go live the moment it happens. This could make it to the national news. Yet another enormous help provided by the dumb mutherfukcers posting their disgruntled delusional bull$hit.
    ROFLMAO! You're killing me brah!

Unregistered
    I'm the original poster. The reason I asked, is since Parkland, my agency has went to the you will go without a backup and no discretion. I guess they are afraid someone might be a coward if he has any discretion. We also trained with the four man diamond. At least that policy allowed for mutual backup, communication wasnt a problem because we were all together, and I think you would be hard pressed to be a coward in front of three other officers ready to go. We also trained with any four leo's....fhp, city, plain clothes. Probably takes a minute or so longer, but it is a system with some coordination and tactics. This get on scene and rush in one by one as you arrive has none of the above advantages. If its a mall or big complex with single officers rushing in every entrance without and coordination etc, I just see chaos. If we dont start pushing back I'm afraid its going to be easier an easier to put our safety secondary to the mission. We get killed doing this job everyday, but until now it hasnt been a policy requirement. If our leaders are not willing to defend a system that provides mutual backup coordination and some tactics versus sheer speed without any of these things, then your safety is not a primary concern. We get killed doing this job everyday, but until now, theres never been a policy that disregards your safety as the highest priority

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast