Hearing of former BSO Sheriff Scott Israel in Tallahassee to begin Tuesday (TODAY!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Cool Hearing of former BSO Sheriff Scott Israel in Tallahassee to begin Tuesday (TODAY!)

Finally, the beginning of the end for disgraced former sheriff Israel.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/hearing-...begin-tuesday/

Hearing of former BSO Sheriff Scott Israel in Tallahassee to begin Tuesday
    6/17/2018

TALLAHASSEE, FLA. (WSVN) - A hearing into former Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel’s future is set to begin Tuesday in Tallahassee.

Israel, who Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended from his duties in January, hopes the hearing is a fair fight.

“We just want the truth and the facts to come out,” Israel said over the phone.

Israel has remained defiant five months after he was removed from his position.

“I have issued an executive order suspending Scott Israel as the Sheriff of Broward County,” DeSantis said at a January press conference.

Israel was elected as BSO’s sheriff in 2012. Although violent crimes, burglary and robbery rates went down, his term was marred by two mass shootings.

“They went with words like negligent and incompetence,” Israel said. “Sixty-three years old and I’ve never been called negligent or incompetent in my life. This is nothing more than a political promise made good.”

In 2017, five people were killed at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

Although deputies responded quickly and captured Esteban Santiago, the gunman, an investigation revealed poor communication and planning on that day.

A year later, 17 people were killed during the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

School resource officer Scot Peterson did not enter the building and instead waited outside the school while confessed shooter Nikolas Cruz took 17 lives.

“Devastated. Sick to my stomach. There are no words,” Israel said in a press conference after the shooting.

Max Schachter, who lost his son, Alex Schachter, in the shooting, said in January, “The MSD commission found fault with nine different deputies actions. Their actions, along with Scott Israel’s failed and inadequate policies, procedures and training, has made Broward County less safe.”

Then, DeSantis was voted as the state’s governor and Israel was soon out of a job.

“The massacre might never have happened had Broward had better leadership in the sheriff’s department,” DeSantis said.

“I honored the badge, and it was my privilege to serve,” Israel said. “That’s why I’ll be running again.”

A long list of witnesses are scheduled to speak Tuesday in the state capital.

Whether or not Israel will get his job back will be up to the Florida Senate.

The hearing is scheduled to begin Tuesday morning.

Unregistered
    Great maybe they will finally tell the truth and show people how bad of a response CSPD provided, and how many lies they told. All because their p@ssy asses we upset they didn’t get bigger pats on the back!

Unregistered
    Nope. Nowhere near the end princess. Voters arent stupid and no matter the decision on this hearing, people will know this witch hunt for what it is. This is a win win for sheriff Israel. Big headed douche was dubbed Temporary for a good reason.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope. Nowhere near the end princess. Voters arent stupid and no matter the decision on this hearing, people will know this witch hunt for what it is. This is a win win for sheriff Israel. Big headed douche was dubbed Temporary for a good reason.
    Israel is a MORON!

Unregistered
    Israel is a MORON!
    Yeah. And that moron will again be voted in as sheriff

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Yeah. And that moron will again be voted in as sheriff
    So you agree. He is a MORON. My favorite statement of the day from your dear leader: doofus Scott Israel exclaimed, "63 years old and I've never been called negligent or incompetent in my life..." (...at least not to my face). Hahaha dumbazz.

Unregistered
    Jack Dale says BSO “has been a national model for training curriculum and policy.” Since when Jack? Was it only since your corrupt administration came in? We were fine till you FLPD clowns arrived. Just goes to show anyone will lie for the pathetic POS Israel.

Unregistered
    This individual taking the stand right now has basically proved the governor was correct. He is not capable to lead.

Unregistered
    I personally watched this individual treat citizens with arrogance and disrespect. He was always with an entourage and they made him feel like a God. He lost his way. He may have been a good guy at one time, but that time is long gone.

Unregistered
    Jack Dale says BSO “has been a national model for training curriculum and policy.” Since when Jack? Was it only since your corrupt administration came in? We were fine till you FLPD clowns arrived. Just goes to show anyone will lie for the pathetic POS Israel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast