Chief’s tour - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chief’s tour

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like our ISII's. Whine and complain. I have said before they need to do away with the ISII program except for the bigger offices. Or at least cut the positions in half. When I first got hired we did everything as an agent to include inspections. No iPad. No checklists. We addressed what needed to be addressed and took care of business. No official notices for stupid crap or referrals just for the sake of referrals.
    The darkest day in ABT history occurred when we voluntarily gave up 50 sworn positions and converted them to IS Ii's. There are good people in those worthless positions but that doesn't give any real value to the program. When a position is vacant convert in back to sworn and let's right a wrong.

Unregistered
    All I learned today in fort myers was we have a female IS2 that complains to much about her car, cell phone, etc she just needs to quit. Hey wake up call there’s hundreds of people in state government that would love to take your free cell phone andfree take home car and would be happy. Time to either suck it up or move on lady. Stop whining.
    Leave her alone she is just an,old lady looking to make some extra cash.

Unregistered
    Sounds like our ISII's. Whine and complain. I have said before they need to do away with the ISII program except for the bigger offices. Or at least cut the positions in half. When I first got hired we did everything as an agent to include inspections. No iPad. No checklists. We addressed what needed to be addressed and took care of business. No official notices for stupid crap or referrals just for the sake of referrals.
    The hilarious thing is most ISII’s know more about the ridiculous beverage laws we are supposed to enforce than most agents. This talk of how great it was when agents did all the inspections… when all they did was hand a Tobacco age sign or license not posted violation out 95% of the time - because they were just trying to make quick inspection numbers and get back to other cases. No iPad? No checklist? That’s why most violations weren’t cited. Leave the ISIIs to their lists and basic bullshit violations unless you really want to do that yourself. If they go, agents will be doing EXACTLY what they do - on top of what you currently do. iPads and check lists won’t go away just because they assign the inspections back to agents.

Unregistered
    I found this and believe it goes a looooong way in helping to understand ABT

The question was - What does the Polish proverb 'not my circus, not my monkeys' mean?

The idea of the circus is energy, confusion and novelty. You never quite know what to expect - that’s why people go to the circus aka ABT. When the monkeys are involved, especially if they get loose, there’s a good deal of chaos as well. So much for the literal.

Why it came to be used, I don’t know. No one ever explained it to me when I visited Eastern Europe some years ago. I wasn’t in Poland but idioms travel. It does mean that I’m not the ring master of this … disaster, mess, ball of confusion. The problems/ monkeys aren’t from my show. I’m just watching - it’s not my job to fix it. It’s a different spin on a common attitude. ‘Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’

'Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’ That explains it all. Chief, Asst. Chief, Director, Deputy Director, Deputy Secretary, Secretary, Captain, LT, they all come here trying to fix what they don't own. It now makes perfect sense. How else do you explain? You don't.
    By not having a vested interest you have no ownership. Starting in any position other than entry level is the reason we have the issues here that no other agency experiences. We would rather hire a new captain from the outside than take the time to grow, groom, mentor our own people. The lazy way started in 2002 and misinformed self centered decision-makers have compounded that error for 17 years. There is no recovery from terminal stupidity.

Unregistered
    I think the problem is no one wants to promote which is why we hire from the outside. The last few outside hires for supervisors were because no one inside applied. Look at captain. Now that it’s ses do you really think anyone LT would put in for it if they still had more than 5 years to get their pension? It would be dumb. Look at the LT position. Would a senior agent take the LT spot when they would not get maybe a few grand extra and then give up their freedom to be an office dweller?

Unregistered
    I don’t know how that woman was a cop?? I’ve never heard anyone complain that much
    Wait complain, that's what cops do the best.

Unregistered
    I think the problem is no one wants to promote which is why we hire from the outside. The last few outside hires for supervisors were because no one inside applied. Look at captain. Now that it’s ses do you really think anyone LT would put in for it if they still had more than 5 years to get their pension? It would be dumb. Look at the LT position. Would a senior agent take the LT spot when they would not get maybe a few grand extra and then give up their freedom to be an office dweller?
    If I was the director of an agency that couldn't get an internal applicant, I would have more than a curiosity as to why. I would demand my chief, asst. chief and majors identify the problem and a solution. I would eliminate a position before I filled it with a person with no understanding of what we do. Any person who really believes this agency has been enriched by the practice of 'Drop In Management' is part of the problem.

Unregistered

Smile It has to be aliens

I think there is something else going on here. Just hear me out. Remember the thread on alien abductions? The one where the UFO took one of our own near Pahokee? I think that firmly established the fact we are not alone. Given the most advanced alien technologies I am sure their batteries in their surveillance devices need to be replaced. I mean even aliens have to deal with low bid in their space programs too. Now consider this. Every so often, we are subjected to a tour of new administrators. Said tours are designed to put a human face on those upper floor dwellers at Blair Stone. But what if there was another reason? What if the are actually replacing the old surveillance equipment with newer versions with better batteries? Now here is the kicker. We just got new low bid surveillance equipment in the offices. Coincidence? I think the new equipment is actually a backup to the alien gear. You may think it is off and not transmitting but isn't that what an alien would want you to think? It is just a matter of time before earth dimension C-137 becomes the new reality. And just so you know-FDLE is not coming out to sweep your office for bugs. Their equipment doesn't pick up alien devices anyway.

Unregistered
    You reap what you sow.

Unregistered
    You reap what you sow.
    Thank you Captain Obvious. Please post your random irrelevant observations somewhere else. This is a serious discussion on aliens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast