Chief’s tour
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chief’s tour

Unregistered

Chief’s tour

How is the southern region chiefs tour going? Anything of value or same good ole dog and pony show of basically admitting he can’t do anything to make anything better because we have a director???

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is the southern region chiefs tour going? Anything of value or same good ole dog and pony show of basically admitting he can’t do anything to make anything better because we have a director???
    That's his M.O. ..... to blame the Directors and Chief of Staff. It's remarkable they haven't caught wind and canned him yet. Next Chief interview they need to tell the candidates up front that they will not be an actual "Chief". Be honest and you won't run into this problem. It may cut out some applicants but at least everyone will know what they are getting up front. Fair to us and fair to the applicant! Less problems down the line!

Unregistered

Smile

I found this and believe it goes a looooong way in helping to understand ABT

The question was - What does the Polish proverb 'not my circus, not my monkeys' mean?

The idea of the circus is energy, confusion and novelty. You never quite know what to expect - that’s why people go to the circus aka ABT. When the monkeys are involved, especially if they get loose, there’s a good deal of chaos as well. So much for the literal.

Why it came to be used, I don’t know. No one ever explained it to me when I visited Eastern Europe some years ago. I wasn’t in Poland but idioms travel. It does mean that I’m not the ring master of this … disaster, mess, ball of confusion. The problems/ monkeys aren’t from my show. I’m just watching - it’s not my job to fix it. It’s a different spin on a common attitude. ‘Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’

'Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’ That explains it all. Chief, Asst. Chief, Director, Deputy Director, Deputy Secretary, Secretary, Captain, LT, they all come here trying to fix what they don't own. It now makes perfect sense. How else do you explain? You don't.

Unregistered
    The funny thing is that the chief can blame anyone he wants. He needs to remember that he decided to change the expectations without knowing how the system worked. He said in our go meet world tour office tour that we don’t work for the PBA. True statement but the DMS corrected his opinion on how it is suppose to work. His problem is his ego and fsquared.

Unregistered
    The funny thing is that the chief can blame anyone he wants. He needs to remember that he decided to change the expectations without knowing how the system worked. He said in our go meet world tour office tour that we don’t work for the PBA. True statement but the DMS corrected his opinion on how it is suppose to work. His problem is his ego and fsquared.
    That's not true. He said to all of us that he did not have an ego. Did he lie about that?

Unregistered
    That's not true. He said to all of us that he did not have an ego. Did he lie about that?
    Weill tell me what you think if he did or not. I think he did.

Unregistered
    Weill tell me what you think if he did or not. I think he did.
    He was 100% truthful told us what he was dealing with and was not sure we're we are headed. The guy came to Ft Myers today and did not sugar coat anything. I have to say I went home to today and was glad he is our chief. He is on our side. Remember DBPR has 100'S employees and we are a small little group. The people that run DBPR were handed thier job make no thing have some power. They don't get take home cars they are stuck behind a desk. So they are not going to give us anything. We have lawyers making 60 grand with power over us. Think about it. If I sent my kid to law school and he was making 60 grand. I would bet his mother.

Unregistered
    All I learned today in fort myers was we have a female IS2 that complains to much about her car, cell phone, etc she just needs to quit. Hey wake up call there’s hundreds of people in state government that would love to take your free cell phone andfree take home car and would be happy. Time to either suck it up or move on lady. Stop whining.

Unregistered
    I don’t know how that woman was a cop?? I’ve never heard anyone complain that much

Unregistered
    All I learned today in fort myers was we have a female IS2 that complains to much about her car, cell phone, etc she just needs to quit. Hey wake up call there’s hundreds of people in state government that would love to take your free cell phone andfree take home car and would be happy. Time to either suck it up or move on lady. Stop whining.
    Sounds like our ISII's. Whine and complain. I have said before they need to do away with the ISII program except for the bigger offices. Or at least cut the positions in half. When I first got hired we did everything as an agent to include inspections. No iPad. No checklists. We addressed what needed to be addressed and took care of business. No official notices for stupid crap or referrals just for the sake of referrals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast