Chief’s tour
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chief’s tour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

Chief’s tour

How is the southern region chiefs tour going? Anything of value or same good ole dog and pony show of basically admitting he can’t do anything to make anything better because we have a director???

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is the southern region chiefs tour going? Anything of value or same good ole dog and pony show of basically admitting he can’t do anything to make anything better because we have a director???
    That's his M.O. ..... to blame the Directors and Chief of Staff. It's remarkable they haven't caught wind and canned him yet. Next Chief interview they need to tell the candidates up front that they will not be an actual "Chief". Be honest and you won't run into this problem. It may cut out some applicants but at least everyone will know what they are getting up front. Fair to us and fair to the applicant! Less problems down the line!

Unregistered

Smile

I found this and believe it goes a looooong way in helping to understand ABT

The question was - What does the Polish proverb 'not my circus, not my monkeys' mean?

The idea of the circus is energy, confusion and novelty. You never quite know what to expect - that’s why people go to the circus aka ABT. When the monkeys are involved, especially if they get loose, there’s a good deal of chaos as well. So much for the literal.

Why it came to be used, I don’t know. No one ever explained it to me when I visited Eastern Europe some years ago. I wasn’t in Poland but idioms travel. It does mean that I’m not the ring master of this … disaster, mess, ball of confusion. The problems/ monkeys aren’t from my show. I’m just watching - it’s not my job to fix it. It’s a different spin on a common attitude. ‘Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’

'Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’ That explains it all. Chief, Asst. Chief, Director, Deputy Director, Deputy Secretary, Secretary, Captain, LT, they all come here trying to fix what they don't own. It now makes perfect sense. How else do you explain? You don't.

Unregistered
    The funny thing is that the chief can blame anyone he wants. He needs to remember that he decided to change the expectations without knowing how the system worked. He said in our go meet world tour office tour that we don’t work for the PBA. True statement but the DMS corrected his opinion on how it is suppose to work. His problem is his ego and fsquared.

Unregistered
    The funny thing is that the chief can blame anyone he wants. He needs to remember that he decided to change the expectations without knowing how the system worked. He said in our go meet world tour office tour that we don’t work for the PBA. True statement but the DMS corrected his opinion on how it is suppose to work. His problem is his ego and fsquared.
    That's not true. He said to all of us that he did not have an ego. Did he lie about that?

Unregistered
    That's not true. He said to all of us that he did not have an ego. Did he lie about that?
    Weill tell me what you think if he did or not. I think he did.

Unregistered
    I found this and believe it goes a looooong way in helping to understand ABT

The question was - What does the Polish proverb 'not my circus, not my monkeys' mean?

The idea of the circus is energy, confusion and novelty. You never quite know what to expect - that’s why people go to the circus aka ABT. When the monkeys are involved, especially if they get loose, there’s a good deal of chaos as well. So much for the literal.

Why it came to be used, I don’t know. No one ever explained it to me when I visited Eastern Europe some years ago. I wasn’t in Poland but idioms travel. It does mean that I’m not the ring master of this … disaster, mess, ball of confusion. The problems/ monkeys aren’t from my show. I’m just watching - it’s not my job to fix it. It’s a different spin on a common attitude. ‘Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’

'Don’t try to repair what you don’t own.’ That explains it all. Chief, Asst. Chief, Director, Deputy Director, Deputy Secretary, Secretary, Captain, LT, they all come here trying to fix what they don't own. It now makes perfect sense. How else do you explain? You don't.
    By not having a vested interest you have no ownership. Starting in any position other than entry level is the reason we have the issues here that no other agency experiences. We would rather hire a new captain from the outside than take the time to grow, groom, mentor our own people. The lazy way started in 2002 and misinformed self centered decision-makers have compounded that error for 17 years. There is no recovery from terminal stupidity.

Unregistered
    I think the problem is no one wants to promote which is why we hire from the outside. The last few outside hires for supervisors were because no one inside applied. Look at captain. Now that it’s ses do you really think anyone LT would put in for it if they still had more than 5 years to get their pension? It would be dumb. Look at the LT position. Would a senior agent take the LT spot when they would not get maybe a few grand extra and then give up their freedom to be an office dweller?

Unregistered
    I think the problem is no one wants to promote which is why we hire from the outside. The last few outside hires for supervisors were because no one inside applied. Look at captain. Now that it’s ses do you really think anyone LT would put in for it if they still had more than 5 years to get their pension? It would be dumb. Look at the LT position. Would a senior agent take the LT spot when they would not get maybe a few grand extra and then give up their freedom to be an office dweller?
    If I was the director of an agency that couldn't get an internal applicant, I would have more than a curiosity as to why. I would demand my chief, asst. chief and majors identify the problem and a solution. I would eliminate a position before I filled it with a person with no understanding of what we do. Any person who really believes this agency has been enriched by the practice of 'Drop In Management' is part of the problem.

Unregistered
    By not having a vested interest you have no ownership. Starting in any position other than entry level is the reason we have the issues here that no other agency experiences. We would rather hire a new captain from the outside than take the time to grow, groom, mentor our own people. The lazy way started in 2002 and misinformed self centered decision-makers have compounded that error for 17 years. There is no recovery from terminal stupidity.
    I keep going back to this post. It is one of the best doses of reality here. I wish only the best for everyone here, except one person. Good luck to everyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast