Ed Brodsky seeks 2020 SAO reelection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Ed Brodsky seeks 2020 SAO reelection

Quote Originally Posted by “Jonah Hinebaugh”
    Ed Brodsky has served as the lead prosecutor for the 12th Judicial Circuit since 2013 and he will seek reelection in 2020. He said that during his tenure, crime rates have plummeted:

• Sarasota County’s crime rate decreased by 39 percent
    • Manatee County’s crime rate decreased by 46 percent.

“We’ve made tremendous progress here and we’d like to see it continue.”
    Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ection-in-2020
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    Since when does the SAO have any correlation to the crime rates, either up or down. They aren't the ones out here risking their lives and conducting investigations? Hell they only have one investigator, which I've never seen at a scene. Every law enforcement agency in the entire circuit gives them the case all wrapped up like Christmas gifts. He has some freaking audacity trying to take credit for the reduction in crime. How about he show his conviction rates for DUI and burglary etc? The next thing he should admit to is his rate of turnover. I'd say that was a sharp increase since Mr. Moreland left.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since when does the SAO have any correlation to the crime rates, either up or down. They aren't the ones out here risking their lives and conducting investigations? Hell they only have one investigator, which I've never seen at a scene. Every law enforcement agency in the entire circuit gives them the case all wrapped up like Christmas gifts. He has some freaking audacity trying to take credit for the reduction in crime. How about he show his conviction rates for DUI and burglary etc? The next thing he should admit to is his rate of turnover. I'd say that was a sharp increase since Mr. Moreland left.
    Is it even possible to get SAO conviction rates for DUIs, burglaries and other crimes? It's probably not something that Brodsky would want to be made publicly available, since he running for an elected office that he has been in charge of for a while.