Military Only
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Only

Unregistered

Military Only

I believe that only past military members be hired or promoted. The people that do not have military are cowards. Just look at the leadership and some of the officers with no military. Case closed.

Unregistered
    Yep and every single one of them is doing a great job. Nobody wants some hotshot a-hole drill sergeant wannabe hero trying to be tough. STFU and quit if you don’t like it.

Unregistered
    As an FTO i can tell you that based on my experience, ex military are very indecisive. Addicted to commands and they find it hard to realize that out in this field as a cop, you are alone and the buck and liability lies solely on you and only you. No big bad team when it comes to making a life changing decision in a split second like an arrest, using force, or even using deadly force. Those charges and court room testimonies are yours only with no commander or buddies guiding you through it. Ill take an ex business owner, father of many kids, or even a car salesman over ex military. They sure do look and sound fancy though. Just what this agency is all about. We have plenty of detention deps that would make far better cops than ex military.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As an FTO i can tell you that based on my experience, ex military are very indecisive. Addicted to commands and they find it hard to realize that out in this field as a cop, you are alone and the buck and liability lies solely on you and only you. No big bad team when it comes to making a life changing decision in a split second like an arrest, using force, or even using deadly force. Those charges and court room testimonies are yours only with no commander or buddies guiding you through it. Ill take an ex business owner, father of many kids, or even a car salesman over ex military. They sure do look and sound fancy though. Just what this agency is all about. We have plenty of detention deps that would make far better cops than ex military.
    No one cares what you think

Unregistered
    I didn't ask..

Unregistered
    I didn't ask..

None of which you probably are. You are the "Iceman of FTO" Can feel the bass in your voice while reading your insights. Hardened veteran of depositions and "been there done that". Has a shame complex about cowardice. "Im a Law Enforcement Officer, I'd enlist but....." Was the skinny kid in high school, went to the academy would fail AIT of any combat arms variety. His lady has probably seen more of the military cough cough

Unregistered
    Please don't speak for me. I do.

Unregistered
    Well your surely basing your comment on a few deputies that are prior military. Your clueless if you think all prior service men or women can’t make decisions under pressure. The military has changed a lot and the new version of the military may have changed its methodology from when I served. Just as the Sheriff’s Office has changed its methods for the worst. Do I think that every prior service person will do a good job and make well thought out decisions, absolutely not. But for the most part to say you would take an ex car salesmen or ex business owner over someone that served the country is absolutely stupidity.

I didn't ask..

Unregistered
    Please don't speak for me. I do.
    I think I just did. What you going to do about it?

Unregistered
    The only thing that makes a good cop is the person themselves, doesn't matter if they have military, a degree, are black belts in MMA or whatever.

Don't kid yourself. Those that hand their hats on certain things they've done are only doing it because they can't cut it and feel they need validation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast