Kurt Hoffman files to run for Sheriff just before Knights notice today - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered

East to find out

Someone just needs to follow him home!

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If Kurt Hoffman is lying about his residential status in Sarasota County, then how can he get away with it? Also, if it's true, then it's low hanging fruit that is easy to pick, sooooooo why hasn't the media printed a story about it?

Someone just needs to follow him home!
    LOL

It's highly unlikely that he will drive to the office building in Venice (133 South Harbor Drive) that he has listed as his new residence in Sarasota County in his legal declaration to run for sheriff. Make sure a snapshot of the Supervisor of Elections website is taken as proof.

This is like a Dunklee redux.

Click here to see Eric Robinson, the Sarasota GOP mastermind and moneyman who is bankrolling Kurt Hoffman.

Unregistered

Lightbulb Kurt Hoffman announces run for Sarasota County Sheriff

Kurt Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by “Jonah Hinebaugh”
    Sarasota Sheriff’s Colonel Kurt Hoffman announced his candidacy for sheriff on June 27, 2019. He currently works as Chief Deputy with Sheriff Tom Knight — who will not run again.

Hoffman said, “All those big things that a CEO has to deal with, I’ve been dealing with those already.”

Hoffman said he tries to be humble.

“My law degree helps me almost every day, so I hope when the citizens see my academic record, they’ll know that I’m up to the challenge, whatever this job is going to throw at me.”

“I’ve been out on the street, made arrests and I prosecuted people right over here in this courthouse before. So, I think I’m a pretty good judge of…”
    Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...county-sheriff

Unregistered

Resident

Why would an LEO list his home address on a public record? No way I would. Anyway, he built a home in south county and does actually live in it.

Unregistered
    Why would an LEO list his home address on a public record? No way I would. Anyway, he built a home in south county and does actually live in it.
    LEO's are exempt from publicly posting their residential address, but does that include LEOs who are running for public office that requires a specific residency requirement?

For example...

If a LEO is running for Sarasota sheriff, then he is required to be a Sarasota County resident - and he is required to file his residential address with the Supervisor of Elections. Is Hoffman exempt from this statutory requirement and, if so, then how can citizens verify that he is a resident of the county?

Public office holders/candidates do not have the same privacy rights and protections as private citizens. Is there case law on this?

Unregistered
    A candidate for sheriff must satisfy the requirement of being a resident of the county in which the candidate is registered to vote, at the time of the commencement of term of office as sheriff. But apparently, only the Supervisor of Elections has to be satisfied and not the general public.

Unregistered

Hoffman and real estate

Thank you for the link to the document showing who owns 133 South Harbor Drive.

One more question: How can you (or anybody) tell, just by looking at the paperwork, that it's a business address and not a residential address? Is the building zoned as a business or as a residence? The front of the building most certainly looks like a business: click here to see it.

Legally, to file to run for sheriff, a person must be a legal resident of Sarasota County. Maybe Kurt Hoffman's defense is that he will "rent" the building as a temporary residence, so that he can claim he is a legal resident of Sarasota County. Ether way, it does not pass the smell test, but maybe Hoffman can provide a logical defense, in a public statement, as to what is going on. Or maybe not.

If Hoffman is being deceitful and manipulative, to enable himself to qualify to run for sheriff, then he should understand that his actions will be scrutinized by the media and by others. If this is a scam by Hoffman, then it will be made public.
    He has property in Sarasota county. The question is did he forge his wife’s signature on the mortgage papers that were witnessed and signed by the sheriff’s PIO on company time. Did his wife show up that day to the sheriff’s office. Should be a grounder to any investigative reporter.

Unregistered
    He has property in Sarasota county. The question is did he forge his wife’s signature on the mortgage papers that were witnessed and signed by the sheriff’s PIO on company time. Did his wife show up that day to the sheriff’s office. Should be a grounder to any investigative reporter.
    1. There is no complainant. Without a complainant, it goes nowhere.
    2. Who will be willing to testify to corroborate your statement?
    3. Where is the evidence?

Unregistered

Home

Where is rotunda west?

Unregistered

Loc

Rotunda west is located in charlotte county fl

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast