Sheriff Bob - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff Bob

Unregistered
    What about the captain who was in command, had resources at her disposal, and failed to order teams of deputies to enter the building? When will she be charged for failing to act?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For those of you emotional divas that think trading your life for children is what this is about, are missing a bigger point here!!!! You are not required to sacrifice yourself to protect others! You may get killed doing this job, it happens everyday, but it is not the result of a policy that compels you to do so. Any policy or training that places your safety secondary is doing just that. You may decide to disregard your safety and put yourself at great risk, and if you do, it should always be your decision. Any policy that takes away your ability to evaluate the situation and compels you to act, no matter what is going on ie, sniper, multiple subjects, etc by design makes your life secondary. This is a radical change from the long standing training and attitude that the goal is to do what you can to protect others, but above all, survive the incident. Here is the disconnect.......Police Administrators no longer are willing to defend the minute or so it takes for multiple officers to arrive on scene, and enter with at least a backup. Every lesser priority call has at least a backup and more often than not, many other units responding. Yet the highest of priority calls, active shooters, compels you to enter without delay, no matter what the situation is..... The three man team concept before entering was designed so that you would have a backup and some tactical principals to rely on. Any Police Administrator that refuses to put your safety first, are the vary ones that are unwilling to take the heat for the time it takes a three man team to arrive and deploy. Your life is not the highest priority, avoiding public scrutiny and satisfying the public mob is. Thanks to this change, the public now thinks that you are required to get killed because police bosses have all but said so. The significance of this should bother the hell out of you. I might get killed doing this job, but I am nobodies sacrificial lamb, we dont trade our lives under any scenario. This must be staunchly defended!!!!!
    Very well written
    Signed

James McLynas

Unregistered
    The exact same thing happened in Orlando at Pulse. Two officers were inside the building and retreated. Then they staged for hours while the shooter went from victim to victim while command set up and the Dunkin Donuts next door. They heard the shots and did nothing. So why were they called heros?
    Your wrong there truth spinner.

Unregistered
    Your wrong there truth spinner.
    What exactly is not true?

Unregistered
    Are we arresting firefighters who fail to run into burning buidlings by themselves with kids inside now too?

Unregistered
    Are we arresting firefighters who fail to run into burning buidlings by themselves with kids inside now too?
    Fireman always run in if there is a chance to save someone. The police industry "stages".

Unregistered
    For those of you emotional divas that think trading your life for children is what this is about, are missing a bigger point here!!!! You are not required to sacrifice yourself to protect others! You may get killed doing this job, it happens everyday, but it is not the result of a policy that compels you to do so. Any policy or training that places your safety secondary is doing just that. You may decide to disregard your safety and put yourself at great risk, and if you do, it should always be your decision. Any policy that takes away your ability to evaluate the situation and compels you to act, no matter what is going on ie, sniper, multiple subjects, etc by design makes your life secondary. This is a radical change from the long standing training and attitude that the goal is to do what you can to protect others, but above all, survive the incident. Here is the disconnect.......Police Administrators no longer are willing to defend the minute or so it takes for multiple officers to arrive on scene, and enter with at least a backup. Every lesser priority call has at least a backup and more often than not, many other units responding. Yet the highest of priority calls, active shooters, compels you to enter without delay, no matter what the situation is..... The three man team concept before entering was designed so that you would have a backup and some tactical principals to rely on. Any Police Administrator that refuses to put your safety first, are the vary ones that are unwilling to take the heat for the time it takes a three man team to arrive and deploy. Your life is not the highest priority, avoiding public scrutiny and satisfying the public mob is. Thanks to this change, the public now thinks that you are required to get killed because police bosses have all but said so. The significance of this should bother the hell out of you. I might get killed doing this job, but I am nobodies sacrificial lamb, we dont trade our lives under any scenario. This must be staunchly defended!!!!!
    Absolutely ridiculous to charge Scot Peterson; I guess you don’t need PC anymore. Tip of the hat to you pal.

Unregistered
    Absolutely ridiculous to charge Scot Peterson; I guess you don’t need PC anymore. Tip of the hat to you pal.
    Tip my hat to you and piss in it. Do you know the facts there keyboard warrior. That would be a big NO!. So shut up and go back to the big green machine.

Unregistered
    Hey *****, no where in any training class or
    policy does it say you are expected to run into gunfire knowing you may die. We are not kamikazes. You are however trained and paid to do a job. When bad things happen people call the cops. You ever get that feeling when something bad happens in front of you and you think “someone should do something, someone should call the cops.” You are the cops. You are the one that has a duty to do something. So if someone reports a theft and you just refuse to go to the call, what do you think happens? What if they report a domestic battery with visible injury, a witness and a confession and you refuse to make the arrest? What if you stop a DUI BOLO called in by three different citizens and you don’t bother to do FST’s and let the drunk drive off? Five days to termination is what will happen. So when you get the call of an active shooter in a school and kids are getting killed, you’re in full uniform with all your gear and you not only don’t go in, you go the other way and hide, what happens? Your failure to act resulted in the death of innocent kids you were trained and paid to protect. That’s called nonfeasance. No one says just run in and die. You move smart, quiet and tactically. You use your head and your training and move towards the shooter. And when you see him you dump a magazine of 230 grain Speer Gold Dot into his body or end him with the supersonic crack of .223. If you have one duty that stands above all else it is to protect. So you go ahead and believe that you have no duty to protect. That’s ignorant as all hell. Maybe you shouldn’t have signed up for a job that doesn’t involves that kind of danger. And in reality that may only happen once in your career, maybe never. But don’t lie when you take the job and hide that you are a coward. You can get shot sitting in your cruiser doing reports. You can get shot eating 10-58 at Chipotle. You can get shot walking up to a noise complaint. A cop got shot by some asshole he held the door open for the other night at a gas station. If you are not aware you are a potential target every minute you are in that uniform than you are lying to yourself.

Unregistered
    Active shooter policy says you shall enter in a attempt to stop the shooter. There is no discretion. So if your first on scene you will enter without delay or backup. Sounds to me like you are being ordered to go. You also cannot evaluate the situation like a sniper or multiple subjects etc you have no choice. Dont hesitate, you will be labeled a coward. I dont like the fact that no one is willing to defend a policy of at least having a backup before entering. I dont like the fact that the public starting to think you are suppose to sacrifice yourself to protect them. No one enters this profession obligated to die for anybody. It happens everyday, so any time I see a erosion of maximizing our safety as a matter of policy I get concerned. No one doing this job should be okay with your life being expendable. We get killed doing this job everyday, its a job hazzard, it isnt a job obligation, big difference that no one seems to point out and defend. Peterson is by all accounts considered to be a coward. Yet he did not violate the policy in place at the time. Think it is the consensus of most in Leo that we would voluntarily and willingly enter and do what we could to stop it. One guy's questionable actions which did not violate any of their policies has managed to put every future Leo at risk because arbitrary policies prohibiting any discretion or situational awareness is the current trend. My only other point is if I am going to walk into a gun battle, having a backup should be a requirement that just shouldnt be that hard to justify.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast