political scapegoat Scot Peterson arrested
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

political scapegoat Scot Peterson arrested

Seems ridiculous. coward-yes, fired-most definitely, arrested-WTF??? It was a systemic failure with that entire department, wasn’t just him, it was everyone on scene.

Unregistered
    The Gualtieri Parkland Commission blamed Peterson and covered up for everyone else so that's what the prosecutors are going with.

Unregistered
    1) There was no duty under the law for Peterson to enter the building and engage the suspect.

2) Had he entered the building there is no guarantee that he would have successfully engaged the shooter. He might not have encountered him as he searched the building. He might have been shot himself. You cannot assume a better outcome just because he tried to engage.

3) He was within agency policy guidelines that existed at the time of the incident.

4) His inaction was subsequently supported by his commander's order to set up a perimeter.

5) The only exposure that I see is the possibility of perjury if he lied under oath in his statements or reports.

6) Of real concern is the precedent that this case sets for all law enforcement. If we are to be held criminally responsible for failure to successfully intervene in criminal activity, and at the same time be held criminally responsible if we are perceived to have over reacted, who would want this job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1) There was no duty under the law for Peterson to enter the building and engage the suspect.

2) Had he entered the building there is no guarantee that he would have successfully engaged the shooter. He might not have encountered him as he searched the building. He might have been shot himself. You cannot assume a better outcome just because he tried to engage.

3) He was within agency policy guidelines that existed at the time of the incident.

4) His inaction was subsequently supported by his commander's order to set up a perimeter.

5) The only exposure that I see is the possibility of perjury if he lied under oath in his statements or reports.

6) Of real concern is the precedent that this case sets for all law enforcement. If we are to be held criminally responsible for failure to successfully intervene in criminal activity, and at the same time be held criminally responsible if we are perceived to have over reacted, who would want this job.
    Yes Dimundo, that is troubling isn't it.

Unregistered

The FDLE and AG do not agree with you because they initiated the charges against Peterson.

Unregistered
    The FDLE and AG do not agree with you because they initiated the charges against Peterson.
    I don't agree with Peterson at all by not going in but I also feel this arrest is going down a dangerous path. What will be the next situation that the SAO uses this precedent to charge an officer based on public emotion and not on facts?

Unregistered
    I don't agree with Peterson at all by not going in but I also feel this arrest is going down a dangerous path. What will be the next situation that the SAO uses this precedent to charge an officer based on public emotion and not on facts?
    Do you fking JOB and STFU! Or quit and join the McLynas campign for Head Whore Chaser.

Unregistered
    Do you fking JOB and STFU! Or quit and join the McLynas campign for Head Whore Chaser.
    Said the tough keyboard warrior sitting at home in his self bought tactical gear in front of the mirror, even though you would be the first one to cower in a stairwell.

Unregistered
    Well the federal judge who dismissed the civil lawsuit against Scot Peterson agrees with the poster, stating he had no duty to protect children not in his custody.

https://mises.org/power-market/polic...irms-yet-again

Unregistered
    Well the federal judge who dismissed the civil lawsuit against Scot Peterson agrees with the poster, stating he had no duty to protect children not in his custody.

https://mises.org/power-market/polic...irms-yet-again
    I guess you don't know the difference between a criminal action and a civil action and the thresholds for both in this case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast