Tampa Mayor Requests 600 Police Body Cameras
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Tampa Mayor Requests 600 Police Body Cameras

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...e-body-cameras

At least one local agency, TPD, is moving in the right direction with modern LEO equipment.

"It's important for the community," Castor said. "They expect transparency in their police department. I think it's important for the police department too because the officers want the community to know what their job entails when they go out and serve the public every day."

TPD started a body camera pilot program in 2015. The 600 body cameras will cost $2 million and Castor is seeking federal funds to help pay for them.

Let's see if Bob gets with modern LEO practices and looks for funding to buy body cameras. He is always bragging about how how agency has the best and latest LEO equipment for his deputies, and transparency. Now it is time to prove it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...e-body-cameras

At least one local agency, TPD, is moving in the right direction with modern LEO equipment.

"It's important for the community," Castor said. "They expect transparency in their police department. I think it's important for the police department too because the officers want the community to know what their job entails when they go out and serve the public every day."

TPD started a body camera pilot program in 2015. The 600 body cameras will cost $2 million and Castor is seeking federal funds to help pay for them.

Let's see if Bob gets with modern LEO practices and looks for funding to buy body cameras. He is always bragging about how how agency has the best and latest LEO equipment for his deputies, and transparency. Now it is time to prove it.
    Gualtieri knows what a nightmare it would be to document what all of his deputies are doing here in Pinellas County. He will NEVER do that.

Unregistered
    I love the fact we don’t have body cameras. And the fact we have a Sheriff who won’t cave into every trend that comes our way. Works for me!! Boy if that one guy wins Sheriff I’ll just have to quit. I better sell my house and prepare for that to happen. What will I do?!?!

Unregistered
    Gualtieri knows what a nightmare it would be to document what all of his deputies are doing here in Pinellas County. He will NEVER do that.
    Actually cameras would make it easier to document everything so scumbags who like to accuse law enforcement of brutality or excessive force or other BS and file civil lawsuits wouldn't have a leg to strand on. Bob will do a 180 degree turn on body cameras if the political winds are right and it suits his agenda. We always copy what HCSO and TPD do so body cameras are coming. Maybe not right away but they will be coming eventually. It's just another piece of LEO equipment.

Unregistered
    Actually cameras would make it easier to document everything so scumbags who like to accuse law enforcement of brutality or excessive force or other BS and file civil lawsuits wouldn't have a leg to strand on. Bob will do a 180 degree turn on body cameras if the political winds are right and it suits his agenda. We always copy what HCSO and TPD do so body cameras are coming. Maybe not right away but they will be coming eventually. It's just another piece of LEO equipment.
    BS. This Sheriff is not caving on dumb azz body cams. EVER!! Mark my words.

Unregistered
    BS. This Sheriff is not caving on dumb azz body cams. EVER!! Mark my words.
    Ha, ha. Bob denied for years we would ever go to 12 hour shifts but he did it anyway. Don't forget he is a slimy lawyer. If it helps him politically he will do it. Makes not difference what you think or want.

Unregistered
    So, how do you feel personally about wearing them?

Unregistered
    The mayor is an elected official who works for the people. She should wear a body camera and have cameras in her office so the citizens she works for can watch/monitor what she does for us. Gotta make sure she is working in our best interest and not in any political motivated deals or criminal activity.
    I mean after all, "the community" should "know what their job entails when they go out and serve the public every day."

Unregistered
    The mayor is an elected official who works for the people. She should wear a body camera and have cameras in her office so the citizens she works for can watch/monitor what she does for us. Gotta make sure she is working in our best interest and not in any political motivated deals or criminal activity.
    I mean after all, "the community" should "know what their job entails when they go out and serve the public every day."
    FYI, everything in the state legislature and local government is recorded nowadays on video and in written record available to the public. It's called the Sunshine Law for those of you who are non-LEOs or simply ignorant. Politicians do not carry guns or have to make split second life or death decisions which can cost lives if they are made erroneously or by hot heads. That is why LEOs should wear body cameras for accountability, for protection from frivolous lawsuits and false accusations of excessive force. It's all about liability that's why many agencies are waking up to the cost in dollars and careers so they are buying body cameras. Just like many other modern improvements in LEO equipment, body cameras have arrived and their use will only increase.

As to the idea that Bob is against body cameras, keep in mind that he is a lawyer so he will change his mind as soon as an incident occurs in which the addition of body cameras benefit him politically. It's only a matter of time.

Unregistered
    FYI, everything in the state legislature and local government is recorded nowadays on video and in written record available to the public. It's called the Sunshine Law for those of you who are non-LEOs or simply ignorant. Politicians do not carry guns or have to make split second life or death decisions which can cost lives if they are made erroneously or by hot heads. That is why LEOs should wear body cameras for accountability, for protection from frivolous lawsuits and false accusations of excessive force. It's all about liability that's why many agencies are waking up to the cost in dollars and careers so they are buying body cameras. Just like many other modern improvements in LEO equipment, body cameras have arrived and their use will only increase.

As to the idea that Bob is against body cameras, keep in mind that he is a lawyer so he will change his mind as soon as an incident occurs in which the addition of body cameras benefit him politically. It's only a matter of time.
    The sheriff and chiefs are elected officials and leo's. yet i have not seen a one wear a body camera. Oh and they carry guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast