Apparently illegal contractors out number drug dealers in this County

Unregistered

Apparently illegal contractors out number drug dealers in this County

It would seem there are no sizable drug dealers, street level buys, prostitution, gambling, going on in this County? Must be there so secretive at ND that none of their good work ever reaches the press. Judd in Polk arrest them hundreds at a pop, guess we dont have those problems, or we dont address it.

Unregistered
    ...well its an undercover job. It's kind of secretive.

I dont think anyone at ND wants their name in the paper, and definitely doesnt want the badguy in the paper. How to you flip a bad guy and get him to work with us when you plaster his name and arrest all over the news paper?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It would seem there are no sizable drug dealers, street level buys, prostitution, gambling, going on in this County? Must be there so secretive at ND that none of their good work ever reaches the press. Judd in Polk arrest them hundreds at a pop, guess we dont have those problems, or we dont address it.
    All this stuff you mentioned is largely irrelevant to the mission of this administration. It's primary mission is to further and protect the political career of Bob Gualtieri. That means no embarrassing headlines which can be caused by questionable shootings, arrests, drug and gambling house raids, etc. On top of all this the extreme micromanagement practiced by this administration discourages deputies from initiating investigations which might lead to such risky law enforcement activities. Most members and chain of command staff have figured this out and step very carefully so they do not upset the sheriff.

Unregistered
    Contractors here in Florida suck, whether they are legal or not. I have hired only a few who actually showed up and did good work. In fact, I’m in the process of buying new windows and they are at least going to be a month late. I’m sorry, if you tell me you’ll be here in five months, you should be here in six months. I have no love for contractors.

Unregistered
    Contractors here in Florida suck, whether they are legal or not. I have hired only a few who actually showed up and did good work. In fact, I’m in the process of buying new windows and they are at least going to be a month late. I’m sorry, if you tell me you’ll be here in five months, you should be here in six months. I have no love for contractors.
    A HUGE part of why contractors do not show up on time here in Pinellas County is Sheriff Robert Gualtieri's harsh position on both unlicensed contractors and immigration. It is no small secret that about 30%-45% of the construction workers in Florida are illegal immigrants. Most of them are the hardest workers on any job site. They come on time, work hard and never complain. When that work force is available to contractors, they can meet their deadlines and get their work done.

But here in Pinellas, Gualtieri has deputies showing up on job sites to check contractor licensing and when they do, a bunch of the workers take off running because of Sheriff Gualtieri promising to deport every single one of them and pretend he is ICE. These same hard working illegal immigrants are now all going to Hillsborough county to work where their sheriff has rejected Bob's little fake "ICE" deputy scheme.

Unregistered
    A HUGE part of why contractors do not show up on time here in Pinellas County is Sheriff Robert Gualtieri's harsh position on both unlicensed contractors and immigration. It is no small secret that about 30%-45% of the construction workers in Florida are illegal immigrants. Most of them are the hardest workers on any job site. They come on time, work hard and never complain. When that work force is available to contractors, they can meet their deadlines and get their work done.

But here in Pinellas, Gualtieri has deputies showing up on job sites to check contractor licensing and when they do, a bunch of the workers take off running because of Sheriff Gualtieri promising to deport every single one of them and pretend he is ICE. These same hard working illegal immigrants are now all going to Hillsborough county to work where their sheriff has rejected Bob's little fake "ICE" deputy scheme.
    Word is they’re going to extend these checks to stupid green boat cars to verify they are safe to be on the streets. Word is the guy who drives it just makes up whatever bullshit he feels like and passes them off as facts. Personally I wouldn’t take his word that this “boat car” is street legal. Sounds
    Like it needs a full inspection and papers check.

Unregistered
    The illegal Latinos will outwork blacks and whites on the hardest jobs like roofing, landscaping, construction, home improvement projects, etc. We Americans have grown too lazy to do these jobs.

Unregistered
    The illegal Latinos will outwork blacks and whites on the hardest jobs like roofing, landscaping, construction, home improvement projects, etc. We Americans have grown too lazy to do these jobs.
    Can’t argue with those facts, every business owner that requires hard labor wants Mexicans, they outwork the rest of the population multifold. It’s much easier to just have a bunch of kids, sell drugs, steal from local stores, collect gov assistance and stay at home.

Unregistered
    You sound like every douche bag who got a ticket for speeding or arrested for something minor.

Unregistered
    Dear OP,

Why don’t you do your public records request thing and find out how many drug arrests have been made in 2019 versus arrests for unlicensed contracting. I think it will be obvious who gets arrested more often. Oh I know, you will say we just arrest afflicts then. But whatever. People are happy that we actually do something about con artists and scammers, unlike the county’s contractor licensing board.