Advice for Trooper Gualberto Morales
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Advice for Trooper Gualberto Morales

I will not disrespect Trooper Gualberto Morales on this post.
    I will just offer some advice to this individual.

Let me set the stage.

A few weeks ago I was traveling to Fort Myers with my wife driving on I-75 (westbound). It was approximately 8:40AM and there was very minimal to no traffic heading west on 75. As I approached Collier BLVD, my wife and I noticed an FHP Charger traveling east on I-75 at a high rate of speed with the vehicle’s emergency lights activated. The Trooper then made an abrupt U-Turn in the median, fishtailed, and almost lost control of the vehicle. I mentioned to my wife that there must have been a serious emergency for him to be driving in that manner. Then to my surprise the Trooper pulled into the right lane, behind my vehicle (I was the only one on the road within a quarter-mile radius). I immediately pulled over and waited for the Trooper on the side of the road. The Trooper then proceeded to come within inches away from my bumper and kept his siren on for approximately 10 seconds after he was stopped. Mind you I had been waiting for the Trooper for about 20 seconds already, stopped, with all of my windows down and my hands in plain sight. The sirens, a bit too much bud!

The Trooper then finally came up to the passenger side of my vehicle and introduced himself as Trooper Gualberto Morales. He then told me to raise my windows approximately 6 inches and proceeded to use a tint meter on my windows. He then said, “That’s three tickets. One for speeding, one for the front seat window tints and one for the back seat window tints.” Trooper Gualberto Morales then asked me for my Driver’s License. I told him my license was in my wallet, which was in the closed center console of my vehicle along with my firearm. Trooper Gualberto Morales then yelled “Good for you!!! Do you have a concealed weapons permit?” I politely told him I had my Law Enforcement credentials in my wallet. Trooper Gualberto Morales then said, “I didn’t ask for that! Do you have a permit or not?”

I politely responded that I did and asked Trooper Gualberto Morales if he wanted me to open my console and retrieve my permit and Driver’s License. Trooper Gualberto Morales said “Yea! If I was concerned about a cop shooting me we’d have a serious problem here wouldn’t we?” I opened my console, and gave Trooper Gualberto Morales my permit and DL. Trooper Gualberto Morales then asked to see my credentials and I showed him.

I was very humble and polite with Trooper Gualberto Morales. I did not want to agitate him anymore by informing him of a law known as the Law Enforcement Officer’s Safety Act (LEOSA). It is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons—the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired or separated law enforcement officer"—to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of state or local laws. So basically, Law Enforcement officers do not need a state concealed weapons permit.

Trooper Gualberto Morales then finally returned to my vehicle and issued me the three citations. He then proceeded to ask me for proof of insurance as well as the vehicle registration and I provided the documents. I think he wanted to see if I didn’t have these documents so he could stroke me additional citations. I mean, after all, he already ran my plate, saw everything was up to date and issued me citations. I don’t get it bud!

I then thanked Trooper Gualberto Morales for my citations and went on my way.

Now, about me. I’ve been in Law Enforcement for 18 years and I have been sworn for 14 years. I have NEVER received a citation in my life. I also have NEVER stoked another member of Law Enforcement. I am respectful to every Law Enforcement Officer on and off duty. I never argued with Trooper Gualberto Morales and my wife and I were polite to him the entire time.

Trooper Gualberto Morales stroked me for going 90 in a 70. I admit, I was traveling over the speed limit however I contest the fact that I was traveling 90. Trooper Gualberto Morales also stroked me for two non-moving violations in regards to the window tint. Trooper Gualberto Morales, my window tints are just as dark as yours!

Now, I offer some advice to Trooper Gualberto Morales.
    Based on over the 40 posts on LEO Affairs just on YOU alone, you may want to listen.
    The media hates us. Politicians hate us! The general public, they aren’t our biggest fans.
    The only people we have is each other. Other cops. Let’s not hate each other. I NEVER asked for a break or a favor and I never will. I admit I was speeding, but not 90! Window tints and fishing to see if I had my insurance and registration…c’mon!

I’ve been doing this job for way longer than you my friend. I’ve found that a positive encounter with law enforcement will go a lot further with a member of the general public than stoking the same person with multiple citations.

As far as your crazy U-turn in the median, you really need to slow down. Take a chill pill brother! A simple Google search shows you really haven’t learned your lesson.

July 2009 – “Trooper Gualberto Morales was attempting to turn around in the median to pursue a speeder when he entered the path of a tractor-trailer heading eastbound, according to a FHP report. Morales, 43, was taken to Naples Community Hospital with minor injuries. Morales' 2007 Crown Victoria suffered $25,000 in damage.”
    -Naples Daily News.

I wonder if you were ever cited for this improper turn? I couldn’t find anything on public records. Strange!

Trooper Gualberto Morales, you also don’t remember me. I pulled up along alongside of you on the Alley a few months back while my crew and I were working interdiction in our unmarked vehicles. You were with a violator and I asked you if you were good or needed assistance, which you didn’t.
    Trooper Gualberto Morales, BROTHERHOOD is all we have!
    Don’t be the next Donna Watts. Unfortunately, I think you are already there.

To my brothers in Law Enforcement traveling on I-75; Please slow down approaching the toll plaza at roughly Collier BLVD. Trooper Gualberto Morales will be waiting for you and will stroke you! Also, don’t try and ask for a favor or call the station asking for Trooper Gualberto Morales. Per my friends at FHP, Trooper Gualberto Morales had a little black book and writes down every time he strokes a fellow Law Enforcement Officer. I he finds out that LEO is asking for a favor or if that LEO contacts him in order to squash the ticket, he goes to your department Internal Affairs and reports you.

As for my citations, I had an attorney take them to court.
    Fee imposed, no points, no conviction. However I lost approximately $500.
    I guess I have to work some overtime interdiction details on the Alley to make up for this.

I may run into you again my friend!

Drive safe!

Unregistered

Idiot morales

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Let me set the stage.

A few weeks ago I was traveling to Fort Myers with my wife driving on I-75 (westbound). It was approximately 8:40AM and there was very minimal to no traffic heading west on 75. As I approached Collier BLVD, my wife and I noticed an FHP Charger traveling east on I-75 at a high rate of speed with the vehicle’s emergency lights activated. The Trooper then made an abrupt U-Turn in the median, fishtailed, and almost lost control of the vehicle. I mentioned to my wife that there must have been a serious emergency for him to be driving in that manner. Then to my surprise the Trooper pulled into the right lane, behind my vehicle (I was the only one on the road within a quarter-mile radius). I immediately pulled over and waited for the Trooper on the side of the road. The Trooper then proceeded to come within inches away from my bumper and kept his siren on for approximately 10 seconds after he was stopped. Mind you I had been waiting for the Trooper for about 20 seconds already, stopped, with all of my windows down and my hands in plain sight. The sirens, a bit too much bud!

The Trooper then finally came up to the passenger side of my vehicle and introduced himself as Trooper Gualberto Morales. He then told me to raise my windows approximately 6 inches and proceeded to use a tint meter on my windows. He then said, “That’s three tickets. One for speeding, one for the front seat window tints and one for the back seat window tints.” Trooper Gualberto Morales then asked me for my Driver’s License. I told him my license was in my wallet, which was in the closed center console of my vehicle along with my firearm. Trooper Gualberto Morales then yelled “Good for you!!! Do you have a concealed weapons permit?” I politely told him I had my Law Enforcement credentials in my wallet. Trooper Gualberto Morales then said, “I didn’t ask for that! Do you have a permit or not?”

I politely responded that I did and asked Trooper Gualberto Morales if he wanted me to open my console and retrieve my permit and Driver’s License. Trooper Gualberto Morales said “Yea! If I was concerned about a cop shooting me we’d have a serious problem here wouldn’t we?” I opened my console, and gave Trooper Gualberto Morales my permit and DL. Trooper Gualberto Morales then asked to see my credentials and I showed him.

I was very humble and polite with Trooper Gualberto Morales. I did not want to agitate him anymore by informing him of a law known as the Law Enforcement Officer’s Safety Act (LEOSA). It is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons—the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired or separated law enforcement officer"—to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of state or local laws. So basically, Law Enforcement officers do not need a state concealed weapons permit.

Trooper Gualberto Morales then finally returned to my vehicle and issued me the three citations. He then proceeded to ask me for proof of insurance as well as the vehicle registration and I provided the documents. I think he wanted to see if I didn’t have these documents so he could stroke me additional citations. I mean, after all, he already ran my plate, saw everything was up to date and issued me citations. I don’t get it bud!

Now, about me. I’ve been in Law Enforcement for 18 years and I have been sworn for 14 years. I have NEVER received a citation in my life. I also have NEVER stoked another member of Law Enforcement. I am respectful to every Law Enforcement Officer on and off duty. I never argued with Trooper Gualberto Morales and my wife and I were polite to him the entire time.

Trooper Gualberto Morales stroked me for going 90 in a 70. I admit, I was traveling over the speed limit however I contest the fact that I was traveling 90. Trooper Gualberto Morales also stroked me for two non-moving violations in regards to the window tint. Trooper Gualberto Morales, my window tints are just as dark as yours!

Based on over the 40 posts on LEO Affairs just on YOU alone, you may want to listen.
    The media hates us. Politicians hate us! The general public, they aren’t our biggest fans.
    The only people we have is each other. Other cops. Let’s not hate each other. I NEVER asked for a break or a favor and I never will. I admit I was speeding, but not 90! Window tints and fishing to see if I had my insurance and registration…c’mon!

I’ve been doing this job for way longer than you my friend. I’ve found that a positive encounter with law enforcement will go a lot further with a member of the general public than stoking the same person with multiple citations.

As far as your crazy U-turn in the median, you really need to slow down. Take a chill pill brother! A simple Google search shows you really haven’t learned your lesson.

July 2009 – “Trooper Gualberto Morales was attempting to turn around in the median to pursue a speeder when he entered the path of a tractor-trailer heading eastbound, according to a FHP report. Morales, 43, was taken to Naples Community Hospital with minor injuries. Morales' 2007 Crown Victoria suffered $25,000 in damage.”
    -Naples Daily News.

I wonder if you were ever cited for this improper turn? I couldn’t find anything on public records. Strange!

Trooper Gualberto Morales, you also don’t remember me. I pulled up along alongside of you on the Alley a few months back while my crew and I were working interdiction in our unmarked vehicles. You were with a violator and I asked you if you were good or needed assistance, which you didn’t.

To my brothers in Law Enforcement traveling on I-75; Please slow down approaching the toll plaza at roughly Collier BLVD. Trooper Gualberto Morales will be waiting for you and will stroke you! Also, don’t try and ask for a favor or call the station asking for Trooper Gualberto Morales. Per my friends at FHP, Trooper Gualberto Morales had a little black book and writes down every time he strokes a fellow Law Enforcement Officer. I he finds out that LEO is asking for a favor or if that LEO contacts him in order to squash the ticket, he goes to your department Internal Affairs and reports you.

I guess I have to work some overtime interdiction details on the Alley to make up for this.

Drive safe!
    This is embarrassing but all departments have their dutch bags. I have been a Trooper for 22 years and have never written a fellow leo. Not all Troopers are the same. Fellow Trooper Morales, help a brother out in time of need, there’s no need for citations. You do know we don’t have quotas correct?? Simple few warnings would have been great. Use discretion. Fellow LEO, please accept our apologies as we are not all like that but because of a few idiots in the patrol, now we have earned that reputation and it sucks. We are hiring the lowest of the barrel thanks to the pay. We have Troopers that can’t even speak english or write a sentence. Frustrating...

Unregistered

Grow up Rookies

Let me set the stage.

-Naples Daily News.

Drive safe!
    There’s a video of the traffic stop. File a complaint with FHP and OIG for rude and disrespectful conduct. It seems like he’s being a smart ass or an idiot or both. That’s what they teach in the academy nowadays, be rude and talk down to people. We have a lot of this newbies that love to lecture people and be jerks. Yes jerks! This is a Trooper speaking also, not a deputy or city cop. Veteran of the FHP calling for this rookies to stop drinking the Tally cool aid and start being respectful to other Leo’s. Morons!!!

Unregistered
    You all take the time to come here and badmouth another Trooper without his input. Maybe you are all the embarrassment to law enforcement. I dont speed, for this reason, so I dont get stopped then come on here to hide behind a key board. SMH

Unregistered
    You all take the time to come here and badmouth another Trooper without his input. Maybe you are all the embarrassment to law enforcement. I dont speed, for this reason, so I dont get stopped then come on here to hide behind a key board. SMH
    BTW. I dont write other leo nor family members if I can help it, but I always tell them, we have Troopers that will write you. A Collier County Deputy (motor squad) wrote my wife a ticket after she told him she was married to a Trooper, clean record also. I told her to pay it and go to traffic school and watch her speed. I didnt go to their site and whined about it.

Morales only sees one way and he wont step off the line for anyone. However, I have seen him also write warnings to other leo. In the weekend , Alligator Alley is a race track with lots of Miami cops thinking they can do anything they want, including Troop-E troopers. I stop them all the time

Unregistered
    What day was this? I think I was working when this happened.

Unregistered
    His reputation and known behavior is his “input”. He’s an embarrassment.

Unregistered

Talking

Morales, stop defending yourself posing as another person. JUST STOP!
    Stop writing other cops bro! Geez! You give us all a bad name.
    You are def the next Donna Watts! LMAOOOOOOO!

Unregistered
    guy is a mess. he needs to go.

Unregistered
    Thanks Morales!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast