Over vest - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over vest

Unregistered
    Because:

The out of touch douche bags on the 3rd floor. That's the reason we wear what we wear and don't wear what we need.

None of them have done anything remotely resembling police works in many, many years. Car 2 looked like he couldn't wait to get out of his uniform at the Memorial. Posers.. all of them.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Must Carry on Belt....
    Glock 21 - Largest .45 in production
    Largest .45 in production??? Ever heard of Heckler and Koch Mark 23?

Should Carry on Person..,,
    Narcan (Naloxone)
    CPR Mask/Shield (Proper one is big)
    Window Punch
    Knife and/or Multi-Tool
    Latex/Nitrile Gloves
    Narcan can be left in the vehicle, until you responding to a call that will possibly require it.

Window punch/Knife now comes in a combo, so.... not sure I understa

Would like to Carry....
    Small Gunshot Wound Kit
    Extra pair of handcuffs
    Extra magazine
    Pouch for AR magazine if needed
    I would like to carry a Tactical Trunk Monkey, but for obvious reasons I can't.

Let’s go worse case scenario, maybe not worse but bad.
    Terry Mets survived under fire, struck in the arm and bleeding without much of the shit you suggest. It's all in the mindset.

Now, my buttcheeks are wide spread, so go ahead, start ramming that pineapple of the internet keyboard warrior mentality.

Unregistered
    The belt was fine in the revolver days when all it held was a gun, radio and handcuffs. But today we are supposed to carry enough equipment to fill a backpack on our belts. It's insane. We need load bearing vests NOW!
    How about tactical suspenders? The fire departments all wear them. And you don't come off looking like Jessie Ventura in "Predator". Problem solved.

Unregistered
    The issue I have is this...if outer load/equipment bearing vests are not necessary for patrol, why has every single K9 deputy/officer on the planet evolved into wearing them? Simple answer, so they can carry all the crap their job requires. Same reason we would like to. The uniform maternity-smock outer vest looks awful regardless of the agency uniform it’s put over. The load bearing vests with pockets make so much sense it completely baffles my mind why we are even having to discuss it.

Unregistered
    The issue I have is this...if outer load/equipment bearing vests are not necessary for patrol, why has every single K9 deputy/officer on the planet evolved into wearing them? Simple answer, so they can carry all the crap their job requires. Same reason we would like to. The uniform maternity-smock outer vest looks awful regardless of the agency uniform it’s put over. The load bearing vests with pockets make so much sense it completely baffles my mind why we are even having to discuss it.
    Oh bullcrap. You just want to play tactical soldier of fortune while pulling over old ladies.

Unregistered
    The only ones who oppose the load bearing vest are the worthless REMFs who live in their offices and only carry a gun and a badge. Even those are just for show.

Unregistered
    Oh bullcrap. You just want to play tactical soldier of fortune while pulling over old ladies.
    While you play keyboard commando in your broken chair or moms house

Unregistered
    While you play keyboard commando in your broken chair or moms house
    "You find an unresponsive person who was doing drugs. Pinpoint
    Pupils, shallow breathing, on conscious. Narcan from a pocket. Narcan in, no response (this happens often). You start CPR. You just happen to have the right CPR mask that hasn’t deteriorated from years of sitting in its pouch (CPR is done by deputies infrequently, but more often with OD’s). They start to respond, FD arrives you step back. At the same time you hear shots fired. An active assailant is roaming the courtyard capping guests. You call it in, sack up and go find him. You exchange gunfire and drop him. But you take a few rounds in the upper thigh. Blood is jetting out. You grab your tourniquet but it’s too much blood and it’s difficult to get it set up all the way up your own thigh and backup isn’t there yet (Do you really think FD is rushing over or moving to a staging spot out of the hot zone?). You grab quick clot from your gunshot wound kit and slap it on. Time is bought for your life."

LMFAO This is the funniest line. "They start to respond, FD arrives you step back. At the same time you hear shots fired. An active assailant is roaming the courtyard capping guests. You call it in, sack up and go find him."

Yeah, you need a vest alright. A white one with really long sleeves that cross and tie in the back.

Unregistered
    Largest .45 in production??? Ever heard of Heckler and Koch Mark 23?

Narcan can be left in the vehicle, until you responding to a call that will possibly require it.

Window punch/Knife now comes in a combo, so.... not sure I understa

I would like to carry a Tactical Trunk Monkey, but for obvious reasons I can't.

Terry Mets survived under fire, struck in the arm and bleeding without much of the shit you suggest. It's all in the mindset.

Now, my buttcheeks are wide spread, so go ahead, start ramming that pineapple of the internet keyboard warrior mentality.
    How many MK23’s you see in police service? How about at gun shops? How about on soldiers? It’s considered a personal defense weapon in the military, for those not likely to be slinging a rifle but in or near combat.

Narcan is primarily on you FOR YOU. Luckily we can use it on dumbass addicts too. Good luck getting it from your car when you touch the wrong thing away from your cruiser.

We’re you issued a window punch/knife? I’m not sure I was. I have a knife, a few actually. I also have a window punch.

Tactical trunk monkey stays in the trunk until your shit gets jacked. Everyone knows that.

Terry Mets survives because of a warrior mindset, he was a Ranger, he was in great shape and stuck his god dam fingers in the homes to stop the bleeding. So you think he would found quick clot priceless during the time it took to get a rescue element to him? What about if he had a tourniquet. Think he would have thought “Thank you Jesus!”

And mindset won’t fix life threatening injuries
    Moron. It helps greatly, but it’s not psychic warfare dip shit.

I got your keyboard warrior there Vernon.

Unregistered
    And there is the Command Brass Ball Washer. Listen JB, we don’t want to look like SWAT Operators. Heaven forbid. There are practical reasons for this request, it’s not to look like a SWAT Jock like you. As little as you and your team are used.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast