Troop H
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troop H

Unregistered

Troop H

Can anyone tell me what working in Troop H is like? How busy is it compared to the other metro areas?

Thanks

Unregistered
    Best troop and major in the state

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Best major in the state
    Troop C is best Major.

Unregistered
    I’ve only seen my major in cowboy boots and golf attire pretty sure that makes him the best Major

Unregistered
    Troop H is not bad. Major is pretty low key. You’ll have most of the same as any metropolitan area. I would guess not as bad as Orlando or Miami tho.
    Most Troopers do their job; then there are a few that go out of their way to do nothing.

Unregistered
    How about the 208 in the area? Good or slim pickings?

Unregistered
    Troop H is awesome. Best Major in the state. Troop H was a total wreck over a year ago. We now get to do our jobs without the fear of Welch screwing us over. Not much off duty here. But you can get your 12 hours of SOAR if you want the OT. Troop H is a great place to work.

Unregistered
    Can anyone tell me what working in Troop H is like? How busy is it compared to the other metro areas?

Thanks
    Troop H is not as busy as Orlando, Miami or Tampa. Working in Troop H is really, really good. Not sure it gets any better than Troop H.

Unregistered
    Morale has been boosted big time since the departure of Welch and the welcoming of Blackmon.

The Major allows H to do their job without being fear induced. I’ve seen the Major call Troopers into his office or catch them in the hallway and just talk to them. About their family, home life, etc.

Call volume is low. Expect between 4-10 crashes a month on 12 hour shifts. Lots of time to be proactive. Issue in H is that some Troopers are making 15 stops a month with 5 crashes in Troop H. There is no push for tickets or anything like that in H, but proactivity is something expected when you’re not busting your hump on calls.

208 is decent for the area. Not a killing but enough to at least have a job or two a week. Cost of living is good in the rural counties mostly outside of Leon. Leon on the other hand could’ve, should’ve, would’ve been $5k extra county possibly. Here’s to hoping they just increase all 67 counties that $5k in the future.

Overall, one of the best Troops I’ve worked in. Just be smart and don’t let the “lax” get you in trouble in the longrun.

Unregistered
    Morale has been boosted big time since the departure of Welch and the welcoming of Blackmon.

The Major allows H to do their job without being fear induced. I’ve seen the Major call Troopers into his office or catch them in the hallway and just talk to them. About their family, home life, etc.

Call volume is low. Expect between 4-10 crashes a month on 12 hour shifts. Lots of time to be proactive. Issue in H is that some Troopers are making 15 stops a month with 5 crashes in Troop H. There is no push for tickets or anything like that in H, but proactivity is something expected when you’re not busting your hump on calls.

208 is decent for the area. Not a killing but enough to at least have a job or two a week. Cost of living is good in the rural counties mostly outside of Leon. Leon on the other hand could’ve, should’ve, would’ve been $5k extra county possibly. Here’s to hoping they just increase all 67 counties that $5k in the future.

Overall, one of the best Troops I’ve worked in. Just be smart and don’t let the “lax” get you in trouble in the longrun.
    H is finally a good place to work. Overall we get to work and do our jobs, without worrying about the Major trying to hammer us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast