Question About Hiring Process

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Post Question About Hiring Process

Howdy folks,

I'm new around here, I just did an interview with ACI along with my BAT test and I was wondering how long does it take to get hired beyond this point? The Warden told me I was recommended for hire and shook my hand so I'm assuming I aced my interview?

I'm really excited for this position, despite the serious dangers and other setbacks.. I feel this this is the ideal foot-in-the-door career for someone who wants to be in law enforcement and do a service for their community.

Curious where the path goes from this point beyond the interview.

Unregistered
    If you really want to get into law enforcement the FDC is the wrong place to start. Law enforcement looks down on FDC prison guards and county jailers so the job is not a plus in your favor.

Your best option is to go to the law enforcement academy and get certified. After that you can start applying to various agencies. Avoid the FHP like the plague, don't even think of applying there. Low pay and once you work there the other LEO agencies will not touch you if you apply. Good luck!

Unregistered
    Stop before its too late. Stay away from FDC, like the second poster stated, go to a LEO academy and work for a Sheriff's Office. You will make a lot more money, a lot of opportunities for overtime and extra pay incentives. FDC is a dead end street and you won't be happy after a short time. Don't waste an opportunity, GO TO A LEO ACADEMY, stay far away from FDC, far, far away,

Unregistered

Hiring Process

I can’t speak for DOC but the one post is completely wrong about FHP. I retired from TPD and over the years several troopers were hired and did quite well and made rank. So to make a blanket statement that other Leo agencies won’t touch you is wrong.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can’t speak for DOC but the one post is completely wrong about FHP. I retired from TPD and over the years several troopers were hired and did quite well and made rank. So to make a blanket statement that other Leo agencies won’t touch you is wrong.
    I agree, there is no truth to that BS. They'll hire someone that has a good resume and interviews well. Plain and simple.

Unregistered
    How did Diane Q get a job with fdoc? She's mentally unstable. Has threatened people on the job and continues to think she's above the law.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How did Diane Q get a job with fdoc? She's mentally unstable. Has threatened people on the job and continues to think she's above the law.
    Who is Diane Q and what is her job with FDOC?