Bell Says

Thread: Bell Says

Unregistered

Bell Says

A recent email says the contract is close. O don't know about you but I haven't seen anything remotely close to a contract. No raises in year two and three? I don't think so. And the stupid extra step after 20 years? Jeff, that's a no.

Unregistered
    Unless year one is 9% then don't even think about coming back with openers.

WE'RE TIRED OF OPENERS

Unregistered
    Here come all the Cracker Jack lawyers. The union has said no to re openers from day one. However, if BSO says this is our final offer, the union is obligated by law to present the offer to the membership to vote on. Equally as important, it becomes an unfair labor practice against the union if they people to vote no on a contract, even if they are not happy with the offer. The union may be forced to put a bad contract out just so the union can prove to BSO that it’s a crappy offer

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A recent email says the contract is close. O don't know about you but I haven't seen anything remotely close to a contract. No raises in year two and three? I don't think so. And the stupid extra step after 20 years? Jeff, that's a no.
    Forget about year two and three. We still haven't gotten a raise for year one yet. By the way. The fiscal year for year one end October 2018. How do we get retro money when we are in a new budget year? A 3.5 COLA retro would have to come out to almost two million dollars. Where does BSO pull that money from in the year two budget?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Forget about year two and three. We still haven't gotten a raise for year one yet. By the way. The fiscal year for year one end October 2018. How do we get retro money when we are in a new budget year? A 3.5 COLA retro would have to come out to almost two million dollars. Where does BSO pull that money from in the year two budget?
    This is not unusual. We have gone far longer in negotiations. Just because we are entering a ne budget doesnt affect retro