Marceno not Certified........ Period - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So the one story coming out by NBC clearly shows he passed it the third time. In 1995 to 2005 you didn’t need to be full time, just certified in the State of New York and employed by any agency. Guess it doesn’t matter regardless, don’t need to be certified to be a Sheriff. There are six in the State of Florida now that never attended a academy. Seems like desperation
    That's actually false. To avoid having to take the full Florida academy you did have to work full time LEO for 2 years. In addition, you needed to have equivalent Academy training and submit those records to Fdle for review. Finally, that was accompanied by a sworn notarized affidavit attesting to the training and applicable 2 year Sworn LEO experience. I went through all of the above before transferring and had a few other out of state cops in my EOT high liability class.

Unregistered

You sir are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's actually false. To avoid having to take the full Florida academy you did have to work full time LEO for 2 years. In addition, you needed to have equivalent Academy training and submit those records to Fdle for review. Finally, that was accompanied by a sworn notarized affidavit attesting to the training and applicable 2 year Sworn LEO experience. I went through all of the above before transferring and had a few other out of state cops in my EOT high liability class.
    I did the same from New Jersey! Took me over four months to get FDLE to sign off on my work history and training back in 1994! I then took a class for 80 hours to get certified! Something is wrong with this!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456