Retirement June Almost Here

Unregistered

Retirement June Almost Here

June seems to the DROP! Half the agency with 25 to 30 years of service will be leaving. I wonder how many will come back after 3 months though?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    June seems to the DROP! Half the agency with 25 to 30 years of service will be leaving. I wonder how many will come back after 3 months though?
    Everyone will eventually. Insurance is outrageous.

Unregistered
    Everyone will eventually. Insurance is outrageous.
    Yep.... Reduce your current salary 25 percent to 75 percent at 25 years and now increase your monthly bills by $1000 to keep the family insurance. They will be back or working elsewhere.

Unregistered
    Yep.... Reduce your current salary 25 percent to 75 percent at 25 years and now increase your monthly bills by $1000 to keep the family insurance. They will be back or working elsewhere.
    Depends on the individual. I left in 2015, after 28 years of service. I have no intention of coming back or working anywhere else for that matter. I am financially secure. I guess if those others have the "work until you die" attitude, or if they have crazy child support/alimony payments for life, or own houses that they can't afford, then it's best of luck to them.

Good luck working in the new anti-police world.

Unregistered
    Come back to BSO or police work? Lol 😂

Not me. I’ve been retired for 5 years and don’t even think about the job. I work a nice job now unrelated to law enforcement because I want to, not have to!

Life is good for me.