Hiring Process - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hiring Process

Unregistered

It’ll be a while

I’ve been in the process for almost a year so a month is nothing. If you are willing to take a job in the jail that is their focus right now, but the road has been put on the back burner. I said no to the jail and was told to stand-by!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ve been in the process for almost a year so a month is nothing. If you are willing to take a job in the jail that is their focus right now, but the road has been put on the back burner. I said no to the jail and was told to stand-by!
    Don't go to the jail! Don't!

Unregistered
    That's the standard response to applicants who they don't think are cut out for the road. You will never get hired for patrol.

Unregistered
    That's the standard response to applicants who they don't think are cut out for the road. You will never get hired for patrol.
    Blessing in disguise. Trust me on that.

Unregistered

Question

Don't go to the jail! Don't!
    Does HCSO really try to push police applicants to work in the jail? This sounds new to me.

Unregistered
    Does HCSO really try to push police applicants to work in the jail? This sounds new to me.
    Haha! New? What planet have you been on? That has been going on for a long time. At least during the last three sheriffs. I know from personal experience. Its actually quite logical. The jail sucks. No one wants to do that job. The only reason anyone applies to the jail, is to eventually go to patrol. Long ago, the jail was a good gateway to patrol. So was the reserves. As it should be. 2 to 3 years in the jail, do your time, transfer to patrol. All you had to do was an 8 week crossover and two week modular. Docobo fuked that up for many many people. It became either jail or patrol with no crossover and thats it. You had to resign and start over at one point to go to patrol. You had to start from SOT and go through entire academy all over again. Seems things are loosening up for detention, but its still not easy to transfer out. In my opinion, detention should have first dibs on patrol positions. They do not get the credit they deserve. There is no loyalty anymore. Career goals mean jack shiit here. They trick you to going into the jail with the false hope of eventually transferring to patrol. Old school jail staffing trick. If you go to the jail with the goal and intention of coming to patrol, it may never happen. Apply that to any goal here. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Can anyone tell me when the next class starts?

Unregistered
    How long do they usually take to call you if your certified and with prior experience

Unregistered
    How long do they usually take to call you if your certified and with prior experience
    Same process for every applicant. Experience means NOTHING here. Not even experience gained from within the agency. There is no special treatment or speeding up of any process here unless you are connected. Connections mean everything. Being a great cop, investigator, experience, commendations, MEAN SHIIT HERE! Good luck.

Unregistered
    I became close friends with many deputies that have come to work here only to quit a few years later. Many were retired ex cops from up north. Not ex cops from around here. No one from nearby agencies come here. They know better. Anyway, many from up north with long decorated careers and I learned a lot from them. They mentioned how things were done at their old agencies compared to here. Prior to quitting here, there was a commonality to their complaints. Basically, too much dumped on patrol without increasing manpower to compensate. Too much placed on the front lines like all the mental health garbage. Other states do things much different. Mental health calls handled by medical personnel with LEO’s there only as security. Animal calls handled by animal police. Elder and child issues handled fully by state agencies. And so on. Even how we process our own crime scenes is unheard of. They add and add and add, but don't add more cops. Remember short form reports? Remember stand alone CRA’s? Remember no CPID, no 730’s, to tip 411, no eye on crime. I get it. Those are to better the agency, but did we add more officers to compensate? What about all the new neighborhood, businesses, schools, apartment complexes? Not only did we not add more officers, we actually got rid of our 2nd shift. To show off with a 5th district. With the same amount of patrol officers. Hey, a fifth set of brass though. And they wonder why so many quit.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast