Probation Officer Pay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Probation Officer Pay

I am planning to apply, does this job offer any overtime pay? $30k is pretty low pay for the dangers of the job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am planning to apply, does this job offer any overtime pay? $30k is pretty low pay for the dangers of the job.
    No OT, Starting pay is $33,487.51 after you complete the academy and pass the FDLE exam. In addition, on July 1, 2019 our base pay is getting an increase of $2500.00. To earn extra pay, get promoted to senior officer as soon as you can and then you can do on call GPS with take home pay after taxes of $230.00 for a week. Many officers hate doing on call so you can always pick up their week. One year I made an extra $6,000 doing that.

Unregistered
    No OT, Starting pay is $33,487.51 after you complete the academy and pass the FDLE exam. In addition, on July 1, 2019 our base pay is getting an increase of $2500.00. To earn extra pay, get promoted to senior officer as soon as you can and then you can do on call GPS with take home pay after taxes of $230.00 for a week. Many officers hate doing on call so you can always pick up their week. One year I made an extra $6,000 doing that.
    Thank you!

Unregistered

Special Risk

Does DOC have Special Risk for probation officers

Unregistered
    Does DOC have Special Risk for probation officers
    YES, since January 2001

Unregistered
    Pathetic pay for college graduates. Some people borrowed tons of money to pay for college and they end up in a low paying job such as PO. It's a disgrace.

Unregistered
    Pathetic pay for college graduates. Some people borrowed tons of money to pay for college and they end up in a low paying job such as PO. It's a disgrace.
    Who's the dummy? When you apply you see what they pay but you apply anyway and then complain when they pay you what they say they are going to pay you. I don't get it. If these dummies would stop applying for this low pay job, maybe they will raise the pay to attract candidates. Why would they pay newbees more if they have no trouble hiring them at the current pay scale? Wake up dumbbell, its basic economics.

Unregistered
    Who's the dummy? When you apply you see what they pay but you apply anyway and then complain when they pay you what they say they are going to pay you. I don't get it. If these dummies would stop applying for this low pay job, maybe they will raise the pay to attract candidates. Why would they pay newbees more if they have no trouble hiring them at the current pay scale? Wake up dumbbell, its basic economics.
    You can't get hired as a PO without a 4 year degree.

Unregistered
    You can't get hired as a PO without a 4 year degree.
    Thanks for the info Inspector Coloso. No Shiite.

Unregistered
    Do what other officers have done. Go to law school while working as a PO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast