Moran vs Skaggs - termination vs a 24 hour suspension - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Anyone have the link to the video with a crazed Howie Skaggs smashing into a car he is pursuing, jumping up on the hood, smashing out the window like a lunatic and dragging the compliant passenger out through the window while he was sitting there with his hands up? That's a classic

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s your opinion. I’m with it. Dealing with animals in the wild versus animals in a zoo is different. Sorry, no problem with Howie. I’m sure you’re leaving some detail out, but whatever. We aren’t camp counselors and we don’t deal with Boy Scouts. My usual challenge stands: go get certified, pin on a badge and sling a gun belt and tell me how easy it all is. That’s an open challenge with no expiration date. That gives you plenty of time to grow a brain, backbone and balls.
    Nobody is suggesting Skaggs should have been fired. Nobody. OK so let's get that one out of the way. Bob backed him up, as he should have, and gave him the appropriate disciplinary action.

But Bob screwed the other people over and fired them, which were highly excessive punishments. That's the issue here.

Unregistered
    Nobody is suggesting Skaggs should have been fired. Nobody. OK so let's get that one out of the way. Bob backed him up, as he should have, and gave him the appropriate disciplinary action.

But Bob screwed the other people over and fired them, which were highly excessive punishments. That's the issue here.
    So WHY did Bob favor Skaggs??

Unregistered
    So WHY did Bob favor Skaggs??
    He didn’t favor Skaggs it was totally different than jailers abusing inmates. This whole thread is stupid.

Unregistered
    He didn’t favor Skaggs it was totally different than jailers abusing inmates. This whole thread is stupid.
    By all means, please explain how kicking another human that is in custody that is offering no resistance is different depending on the location of the kicking.

Unregistered
    By all means, please explain how kicking another human that is in custody that is offering no resistance is different depending on the location of the kicking.
    Let’s meet, out me in handcuffs, then you get to control me. See how that works for you. Do you have medical insurance and are you willing to sign waiver? So you bruise easily or have any bone deficiencies? So you faint at the sight of blood? Just checking.

Unregistered
    Let’s meet, put me in handcuffs, then you get to control me. See how that works for you. Do you have medical insurance and are you willing to sign a waiver? Do you bruise easily or have any bone deficiencies? Do you faint at the sight of blood? Just checking.

(Sorry for the errors, my public high school GED only goes so far. And the calluses on my fingers from dragging my knuckles make it hard to type).

Unregistered
    Let’s meet, out me in handcuffs, then you get to control me. See how that works for you. Do you have medical insurance and are you willing to sign waiver? So you bruise easily or have any bone deficiencies? So you faint at the sight of blood? Just checking.
    Just chill Howie. Don't worry, you will get to kick or beat or drown someone out of camera view again soon.

Unregistered
    Check with Training on the Use of Force Continuum where it says you can strike an individual who is compliant. If you strike a compliant individual you are committing battery. The General Counsel will be happy to educate you on that. If you do not document the use of force you are lying by knowingly covering up the illegal use of force, which is also against General Orders. Both of these violations are Level 5 which range from a 5 day suspension and 3 year probation to termination.

Unregistered
    What's wrong with you guys, I have been kicking handcuffed suspects for years. Just relax it's not a big deal. Some people just need a beating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast