ADMIN / MODERATOR: What's with all the spam links posted to this page??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Exclamation ADMIN / MODERATOR: What's with all the spam links posted to this page??

Every time I visit this page, there are five or more new posts unrelated to law enforcement, with 'hook' headlines, and suspicious spam links [likely phishing] inside. Is there anyone moderating / managing this page?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every time I visit this page, there are five or more new posts unrelated to law enforcement, with 'hook' headlines, and suspicious spam links [likely phishing] inside. Is there anyone moderating / managing this page?
    Who cares you tool? Get a fng life.

Unregistered
    Who cares you tool? Get a fng life.
    Why are you here then?

Unregistered
    The only person that needs to “get a life” is the one doing all the spamming. They’re so emotionally hurt by what is posted here that they’re taking the time post random crap repeatedly.

Unregistered
    Why are you here then?
    Why? It’s my life. I need it so much I complain to the moderator that someone’s screwing up the site. It’s killing me.

Unregistered
    It's the same person posting this stuff at the same time every day. They spend hours out of their life to bury posts that we resurrect in minutes. Let them go. They'll stroke out and die before we get tired.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Your Mod has been very busy deleting spam on this board.

You would not believe how much time I spent tonight alone deleting it from all of the message boards that it was on. Not just this one. I did not just ban the IP addresses that it came from but I banned the entire block of IP addresses to try to prevent it from continuing.

Normally they create user names, but now they are using guest. This makes it harder because with user names, I can pull up all posts by that user and delete them at once. With it being guest, I have to go through every new post to see what one is spam and select each spam one, one by one and then delete them all at once. It is very time consuming.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Thanks, hopefully nobody is actually clicking the links. Wish I could delete 'em for you. - OP

Unregistered
    It's a setup; if you're foolish enought to click on any link your IP address and possible other identifying information can be obtained including adding cookies to your browser. This information can be used to identify exactly who you are and what you post.

Administrator LEO Affairs Lieutenant
    It's a setup; if you're foolish enought to click on any link your IP address and possible other identifying information can be obtained including adding cookies to your browser. This information can be used to identify exactly who you are and what you post.
    Without getting information from your service provider they cannot get your name or anything like that. The only information one could get is your ip number and service provider name.

Mod 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast