Major Paul Richard IA IA # 2019-019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    That’s because Sheriff Knight has never investigated anything other than a traffic crash. Things like witnesses and evidence are foreign to him. 11 witnesses and a nppd sgt! This is why the agency has become a joke. Clueless leader supporting a drunk corrupt command staff. Sheriff Knight needs to retire And take his people with him.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Thomas M. Knight View Post
    The only definitive evidence of alcohol consumption is Major Richard’s admission to consuming four beers during the game.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...-game-incident

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's extremely disheartening and disturbing that with 2 victims and 1 on-duty NPPD sergeant and 11 witnesses -- all stating that Paul Richard was grossly intoxicated in public -- Knight still says that there is no evidence that Paul Richard was drunk.
    If Knight's statement were not printed in the newspaper, then nobody would believe that he actually said it. Based on Knight's odd statement, it appears he believes he is "wise in his own sight." However, in the sight of others, his reasoning is "black and white illogical." You can't make this stuff up.

Unregistered
    Knightmare is just a person that cannot see the forest through the trees. He is oblivious to reality. What I find ironic in this entire incident that there have been other, ow former, deputies that were terminated because of sustaining a charge of conduct unbecoming yet Knightmare, over his tenure, has promoted the likes of JW and most recently DT. I guess it's true that birds of a feather flock together.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Knight is just a person that cannot see the forest through the trees. He is oblivious to reality. What I find ironic in this entire incident that there have been other, ow former, deputies that were terminated because of sustaining a charge of conduct unbecoming yet Knight, over his tenure, has promoted the likes of JW and most recently DT. I guess it's true that birds of a feather flock together.
    You are obviusly referring to this infamous promotion by Knight (look at all the suspensions under his name):

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...oral-behaviors

In the old days, an elected sheriff could get away with this crap, but in today's internet age, it's impossible to hide dirty immoral laundry. The governor's recent suspension of Sheriff Scott Israel is proof of that. IMO the only reason Knight took action against Richard is because of Israel's recent suspension i.e. Knight does not want to get suspended by the governor because it will ruin his chance of getting reelected.

Unregistered
    Imagine a world where these two people in power just told the truth and admitted they were wrong? Yes, I was intoxicated and was out of line. I would like to apologize to the citizens and department and won’t let it happen again. See how easy that is. This is why nobody trusts you.

Unregistered
    Anybody notice this ???
    "Maj. Paul Richard is suspended without pay for 48 hours, to be served over six days, according to an internal affairs report from the Sheriff’s Office."
    "O.K.Paul........ go ahead and take the next 6 Fridays off....... how about that.....will that work for ya ? "

Unregistered
    Anybody notice this ???
    "Maj. Paul Richard is suspended without pay for 48 hours, to be served over six days, according to an internal affairs report from the Sheriff’s Office."
    "O.K.Paul........ go ahead and take the next 6 Fridays off....... how about that.....will that work for ya ? "
    Well now that I read the IA, I see he is indeed 6 (work) days in a row if I remember right....I would have put money
    on it though he would have got the proverbial "sweetheart deal" and was able to take Friday's off.....hence not only giving him six 3 day weekends, but not hurting him in the pocketbook as bad (by expanding it out to several pay-days)
    Just because he got the "higher" punishment, Knight let him slide on the being drunk punishment (which was documented
    by 2 professionals / LEO's !) But what do those cops know, along with several other people who describe him as drunk.....end of story..... he got a free pass on that one.
    Does anybody have access to what the witnesses said ? I saw this document was 14 pages and assumed that would be in there, but no such luck.
    HE GOT OFF EASY

Unregistered
    They don't let you edit the dang posts

Well now that I read the IA, I see he is indeed *getting* 6 (work) days off in a row if I remember right....I would have put money
    on it though he would have got the proverbial "sweetheart deal" and was able to take Friday's off.....hence not only giving him six 3 day weekends, but not hurting him in the pocketbook as bad (by expanding it out to several pay-days)
    Just because he got the "higher" punishment, Knight let him slide on the being drunk punishment (which was documented
    by 2 professionals / LEO's !) But what do those cops know, along with several other people who describe him as drunk?....end of story..... he got a free pass on that one.
    Does anybody have access to what the witnesses said ? I saw this document was 14 pages and assumed that would be in there, but no such luck.
    HE GOT OFF EASY

Unregistered
    Question:

Did he drive intoxicated to/from the game and was he in a government vehicle?

Unregistered

Witnesses

It's extremely disheartening and disturbing that with 2 victims and 1 on-duty NPPD sergeant and 11 witnesses -- all stating that Paul Richard was grossly intoxicated in public -- Knight still says that there is no evidence that Paul Richard was drunk.

Wasn't Knight also arrested by VPD for disorderly conduct at a bar after drinking too much alcohol?
    The guy he was yelling at to sit down, who stood up to let people out of his isle, was a Bradenton PD SGT.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast