Frank Adderley

Thread: Frank Adderley

Unregistered

Frank Adderley

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) — The Mayor of West Palm Beach is bringing in a new police chief.

Mayor Keith James reassigned current Chief of Police Sarah Mooney to the position of Assistant Chief of Police for Emergency Management, which she has accepted.

James nominated former Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Frank Adderly to take the top job.

"As mayor, I am focused on putting together the best team possible with the best people in the right roles," James said. "I'm excited to announce the nomination of Chief Frank Adderley as West Palm Beach Police Chief and believe our shared vision for WPBPD’s future community policing, customer service, culture of responsiveness-- coupled with his strong relationships with neighboring agencies and the local community-- will make a positive difference for the department and our residents. Chief Adderley’s record of success in those key areas in Fort Lauderdale—with a similar population size, similar regional issues such as homelessness and crime, as well as similar social and cultural dynamics-- makes him the best candidate for this position. I am confident he will take the West Palm Beach Police Department to the next level.”

Adderly, who worked on suspended Sheriff Scott Israel's command staff, lost his job in January when the newly appointed sheriff took over, the Sun Sentinel reported.

A news conference on the changes is set for 1:30 p.m.

The confirmation of the restructuring will be discussed in a Commission meeting on June 3.

Mayor James thanked Mooney for the job she has done in her role as police chief and said Adderley will be formally introduced to the public on Thursday.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) — The Mayor of West Palm Beach is bringing in a new police chief.

Mayor Keith James reassigned current Chief of Police Sarah Mooney to the position of Assistant Chief of Police for Emergency Management, which she has accepted.

James nominated former Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Frank Adderly to take the top job.

"As mayor, I am focused on putting together the best team possible with the best people in the right roles," James said. "I'm excited to announce the nomination of Chief Frank Adderley as West Palm Beach Police Chief and believe our shared vision for WPBPD’s future community policing, customer service, culture of responsiveness-- coupled with his strong relationships with neighboring agencies and the local community-- will make a positive difference for the department and our residents. Chief Adderley’s record of success in those key areas in Fort Lauderdale—with a similar population size, similar regional issues such as homelessness and crime, as well as similar social and cultural dynamics-- makes him the best candidate for this position. I am confident he will take the West Palm Beach Police Department to the next level.”

Adderly, who worked on suspended Sheriff Scott Israel's command staff, lost his job in January when the newly appointed sheriff took over, the Sun Sentinel reported.

A news conference on the changes is set for 1:30 p.m.

The confirmation of the restructuring will be discussed in a Commission meeting on June 3.

Mayor James thanked Mooney for the job she has done in her role as police chief and said Adderley will be formally introduced to the public on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry Frank fans,
    He just got the top spot in WPB. They demoted the Chief to Asst Chief to make room for him. How bout that?
    Thank God! He's their problem now and won't be running for Sheriff in 2020. He had to be so proud of his announcement on the news last night. They spoke of his distinguished career at FLPD, then mentioned that he was fired from BSO. That baggage has to make WPB PD so proud!

As for the post that said he lives too far away since he likes to booze bnb it up. Booze isn't the only thing he like, I'm sure he'll have a crash pad in PB for those late nights at work, hopefully the wife doesn't try to shoot him again. Besides it's not like he showed up more than twice a week at BSO!