+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Sheriff Tony Supports Use of Force per State Statute

    Quote from https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...kpy-story.html

    The deputy’s report, school surveillance-camera footage and bodycam recordings did not support Bennett’s accusations of excessive use of force, he said. The incident report documenting Bennett’s takedown said Bennett had choked a school custodian and reacted aggressively and angrily when the deputy responded.

    As the deputy and vice principal walked Bennett out of the cafeteria, the student started flailing wildly, nearly knocking down the vice principal, the report said. That’s when the deputy took Bennett to the ground and handcuffed him.
    “It should be noted that [Bennett] is 6-feet, 1-inch, weighs 185 pounds and is a student athlete,” the report said.

    The video footage clearly showed an aggressive and hostile, out-of-control student who needed to be subdued, Tony said.
    “There was no punching. There was no kicking. There was no further application of force," he said.
    As for Bennett’s bleeding gash over his eye, that was a repercussion of his own behavior, Tony said.

    Thank you Sheriff Tony. Now please educate the public about Use of Force because they obviously have no idea when Law Enforcement are to allowed per F.S.S to go hands on or what Active Resistance is.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    First off I realize you are new to this job and obviously there is always a learning curve for any new position. Your statement today for this incident was excellent and definitely a step in the right direction in bringing law and order back to Broward County . If you would have taken that same strong and professional stance in both the Tamarac and the Hospital incident where all involved personnel did their job and violated no laws or policies you wouldn't have opened up the floodgates to complaints on every minor use of force as you starting to see now. Please remember you are not the liberal appointed one and they will attack you daily until your gone or until you get on your knees and kiss their ring. Any capitulation to their demands will be seen as a sign of weakness and they come at you like sharks who smell blood. Sheriff Bradshaw always stands up to the liberal establishment and gets re elected overwhelmingly time and time again because he has earned the respect of the voters. If you can learn from his methods you will have a very succesful career.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    The differences are the first two incidents involved white deputies and this latest incident involved a black deputy. Don’t be fooled by his stance.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The differences are the first two incidents involved white deputies and this latest incident involved a black deputy. Don’t be fooled by his stance.


    Wow, how odd. They have a black deputy at Ely? That must be a coincidence...

    That assignment would be dangerous for anyone!

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Can someone please teach the Sheriff how to speak please. It Kills me to listen to him shame the English language

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Just some more black on black crime.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Thanks again sheriff Tony for your support. I didn't like this guy at first but now he 100% gets my support and vote. He also stood up to Tamarac. He has to do something but I believe he has our backs.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quote from https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...kpy-story.html

    The deputy’s report, school surveillance-camera footage and bodycam recordings did not support Bennett’s accusations of excessive use of force, he said. The incident report documenting Bennett’s takedown said Bennett had choked a school custodian and reacted aggressively and angrily when the deputy responded.

    As the deputy and vice principal walked Bennett out of the cafeteria, the student started flailing wildly, nearly knocking down the vice principal, the report said. That’s when the deputy took Bennett to the ground and handcuffed him.
    “It should be noted that [Bennett] is 6-feet, 1-inch, weighs 185 pounds and is a student athlete,” the report said.

    The video footage clearly showed an aggressive and hostile, out-of-control student who needed to be subdued, Tony said.
    “There was no punching. There was no kicking. There was no further application of force," he said.
    As for Bennett’s bleeding gash over his eye, that was a repercussion of his own behavior, Tony said.

    Thank you Sheriff Tony. Now please educate the public about Use of Force because they obviously have no idea when Law Enforcement are to allowed per F.S.S to go hands on or what Active Resistance is.
    Read between the lines dumbasses. He said there was no punching there was no kicking. You can interpret from this language he doesn’t support punching and kicking. Very dangerous language Sheriff. Sometimes you have to punch and kick and sometimes punching and kicking is justified. Once again sending the wrong message. And if you don’t favor punching and kicking why are you punching and kicking deputies in training???????

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks again sheriff Tony for your support. I didn't like this guy at first but now he 100% gets my support and vote. He also stood up to Tamarac. He has to do something but I believe he has our backs.
    I guess you have a pretty short memory. We have two white deputies in Tamarac who are close to being prosecuted, possibility losing quite a bit. Get your head out of his lap and look at what's going on in totality. The future is far from bright.

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest
    You’re grasping at straws if you’re attacking the sheriff over that press conference.

    Also, he sounds better than mumbles for whatever that’s worth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •