Reserve Officers

Unregistered

Reserve Officers

Is a reserve officer job at Tampa PD a good way to make money after the volunteer hours are fulfilled? Is it hard to get into? And, how does it actually pay? Seems like a good thing but I’m having trouble finding much information on it.

Unregistered

Reserve 2

Hillsborough Sheriff is actively recruiting for their Reserve Program. I don’t know anything about Tampa Reserve except I see them working outside at Lightening Games.

Unregistered
    Its better to become a full time officer but if you cant do that... theres quite a few limitations on a regular reserve. You can work solo extra duty gigs and you can only sign up with a full time officer. That limitation is why most reserve sign up for the big concerts and sporting events, which pay at $36 a hour to the officer.

It's easier to get into it than a full time spot but they dont just accept anyone.

Unregistered
    plenty of jobs to work as a Reserve II.

Unregistered
    Not to hijack, but are there any reserves in the agency that get to go out on patrol alone? Are they assigned zones or float?

Unregistered
    Reserve I can check out a car and ride a zone alone if wanted. Most Reserve Ones are retired officers who do their volunteer hours covering special events so the full time officers don't get pulled for them

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Reserve I can check out a car and ride a zone alone if wanted. Most Reserve Ones are retired officers who do their volunteer hours covering special events so the full time officers don't get pulled for them
    Are reserves able to pair up with specialty units? (ie: ROC, marine, DUI, etc)

Unregistered
    Reserve do not check out cars and ride alone. Only reserve ones.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Reserve do not check out cars and ride alone. Only reserve ones.
    What's the difference? Training?

If one goes through full LE certification, do they become a Reserve I?

Unregistered
    Reserve 1 are usually retired guys. If you go through the full hold over and FTO then I believe you can be a reserve 1.