Hiring and promotional scams - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry, no city manage will clean house. They as others will set up F&F or one's, who would tell all to him or her. MPD needs to be gutted, from the TOP, down. They seem to always have it backwards and start at the bottom. Now, me I would love to see the boy king appointed as city manager or public safety director (if they had that position) Reason, all who talked smack about him, would be lining up to kiss his azz! Plus it's a bonus, to pi$$ a few off here, with that idea. With so much micromanaging, going on. Attention will be drawn away from the real problems staff, F&F and the ladies who sleep with everyone they can to get, the chance, for a promotion or transfer. A policy should be put in place and enforced, to the letter, that anyone, who is under your command, you can not be involved with them. The higher in rank you go, the more your over, so the chances, will get less-n-less. Fire both involved!!!!! Only problem with that policy, is we would lose, to many people BUT it sure would do morale good. I'm old fashion and believe in the vowels of marriage. Yes, I do believe my wife does too! So save the azzhole remarks and comments. Truth be told, she thinks most here are self-centered and have a god complex. Me too, at times but she keeps me grounded. My son, has 8 years in the military and has been offered a nice reenlisted bonus BUT he wants for reason only known to god, to work here. I could b!tch-slap him for even thinking about working here. I told him if you want to be a cop so BAD, get out of South Florida or even the state. I might as well be talking to a mirror, for as much as he listen's. Then again, I was told the same thing, all them years ago. When I left Broward S.O. to come here, man talk about STUPID!!!

This career or JOB, is all about, what you put into it. It's not about the high stats to appease your supervisor or how many 33's you can get over your career. It's about or thinking you made a different, in one life, that positive. karma is a lady, I wished, never laid her eyes on me. My own actions, has stalled my advancement here, plus being white, doesn't help either. If you take anything away for my rant, is this. Someone is always watching or listening, even those wearing the same uniform. Would sell you out to save their own career or get noticed by the right people. CYA on everything you do. Play nice, even to those, you can't stand to be around. Don't let them jam you up, over B.S.
    Great Post! Those of us who have sons suffer from premature grey hair. I have a son who chose to forego college when he graduated and decided to go into the music business instead. Now he tours around with bands as an engineer. Has he made mistakes in life, of course but we did also. We have to let our kids make the mistakes that we did in order to get ahead in life. After 38 years in law enforcement would I have done the same thing when I was 24 years old? Don't know. In my generation, you graduated high school, entered college and earned a degree which I did or joined the military. Sad fact is that this millennial generation is raised by Apple and Samsung, and will not learn as we did. Good Luck!

Unregistered
    Promotion's, you take a written, if you pass, You give oral, Opps I mean go to a oral interview. Then all the ones lucky get enough to get a passing score on both are place on a list? That seems fait right? Except, the department makes 3 lists to choose from on each promotions. It's broken down by race first then your gender. They said they stopped doing that, doesn't appear that way to me. A white (non F&F) scores a overall 96. a black scores a overall 79. Who got the promotion?? A F&F overall score was 87, a female that, I say she a looker and has the heart of a married staff member in her pants. Scored a 83. Who's your choice for promotion??? Why are 3 lists made for the promotion of one rank to be filled? Years ago, the list came out in 3 columns: whites, blacks & females, then Cuban and others. Over all the whites, they promoted a black with 1 point over the failing grade. While by passing several that did way better and they can't understand, the BS they create, each and every time they do this. So after specially passed ones failed to finish the 6 month probation, that was extended twice. They finally came around and told me to report to property for my new uniform, I.D. and see the chief. Well, after getting d!cked over for 10 months. I said not no but fu@k no. Pissed off many on that and it was started this is my one and only chance to get a promotion. Non will never be offered again. Still didn't do it. Wrong choice maybe???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12