Florida Correctional Employee Week - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, it's the people who decided to give us the lowest pay who give the department a bad name. Otherwise the FDC would not have a massive turnover/retention, recruitment and morale problem.
    Hey go to county pay is much better shoot I make more than a sergeant at doc pay

Unregistered
    I guess I'm not much of a stooge if I can sit on my ass, slurp coffee and collect big bucks, while a bozo like you works for peanuts, has a fat, ugly wife and comes on this site calling ME a stooge. You're not too bright, Cletus and that's why you don't make jack while I do. LMAO
    That's not really fair but my wife makes more money than I do working at the hair salon which allows us to afford the trailer park lot rent and my truck payment with some money left over. So I am not doing as bad as you think office boy, no thanks to lazy fat cats like you. They should fire do-nothings like you and give us a raise.

Unregistered
    There is your answer. Go learn to cut hair. Then we will not have to hear you here anymore. We are all kinda sick of it. If you don't like it, get out. No one is holding you back.

Unregistered
    That's not really fair but my wife makes more money than I do working at the hair salon which allows us to afford the trailer park lot rent and my truck payment with some money left over. So I am not doing as bad as you think office boy, no thanks to lazy fat cats like you. They should fire do-nothings like you and give us a raise.
    Trailer park trash like you Cletus is a dime a dozen. Our strategy is to get as much use out of you as possible until finally you realize (even though you aren't a quick study) you are going nowhere fast, you quit, don't qualify for any retirement and then we hire a newbie and repeat the cycle. That's why I stay in The AC, slurp on Starbucks coffee and get paid well to come up with money saving plans that benefit the state. people like you are just a number on a rusty badge. Cold hearted and ruthless? Yes, but its just business.

Unregistered
    The management sat on their fat butts and collected big money but never bothered to petition the FL legislature for more money to bring C/O pay up to competitive levels. The reason the FDC management didn't ask for more money is because they were spineless, worthless cowards who were afraid of losing their cushy positions. They choose to screw the C/Os over rather than to do their job of managing the FDC and preventing the recruitment and retention crisis it is experiencing now. They would have been fired in the private sector for incompetence.

It is astounding that some people who work at FDC come here and defend the management which has allowed the current low pay situation to develop and continue unabated for many years. Granted there have been many FDC administrations over the years but none went to bat for us to get us higher pay. The second problem their incompetence has created is lousy working conditions: mandatory overtime, short staffing, security and safety problems, lack of vacation time, etc. etc.
    I heard fat Julie Jones is still working tirelessly trying to get us a pay raise. The only thing she ever work tirelessly was fighting to get to the buffet table. Now we have the boring, dull secretary Inch worm. We can't get a break.

Unregistered
    Trailer park trash like you Cletus is a dime a dozen. Our strategy is to get as much use out of you as possible until finally you realize (even though you aren't a quick study) you are going nowhere fast, you quit, don't qualify for any retirement and then we hire a newbie and repeat the cycle. That's why I stay in The AC, slurp on Starbucks coffee and get paid well to come up with money saving plans that benefit the state. people like you are just a number on a rusty badge. Cold hearted and ruthless? Yes, but its just business.
    You just confirmed everything the trailer park redneck said about you. People like you are the problem not the solution.

Unregistered
    I heard fat Julie Jones is still working tirelessly trying to get us a pay raise. The only thing she ever work tirelessly was fighting to get to the buffet table. Now we have the boring, dull secretary Inch worm. We can't get a break.
    Prime examples why the FDC has fallen so far behind in pay. Inch makes watching paint drying seem exciting.

Unregistered
    Can anybody read his weekly article in that horrible news letter than comes out on Friday? I tried twice and just couldn't do it. It is so long and boring, its worse than getting water boarded. How about giving us updates on what the powers that be plan on making the department better? Let me guess, they don't have a thought. How about fighting for pay raises, new computers because the current ones are outdated and super slow, better training. Where does COS and the DC training fee go? Isn't one of them suppose to go to training??

Unregistered

Thumbs up

How do you explain that A-L-L state agencies in Florida are low paid?

Unregistered
    Retired former FDC officer here with over $1 million portfolio, paid off $350k house and nice FRS pension. I left FDC many years ago, went to a county jail, got promoted to sergeant and socked money away. My FRS pension easily covers the cost of living and some so the investment portfolio is just gravy. All it took was the courage to leave the FDC. Had I stayed at FDC I would have ended up with a meager pension or would not have been able to retire at all. Or working as a private security guard somewhere for $12/hour after my FDC career was over.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast