Florida Correctional Employee Week - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Retired former FDC officer here with over $1 million portfolio, paid off $350k house and nice FRS pension. I left FDC many years ago, went to a county jail, got promoted to sergeant and socked money away. My FRS pension easily covers the cost of living and some so the investment portfolio is just gravy. All it took was the courage to leave the FDC. Had I stayed at FDC I would have ended up with a meager pension or would not have been able to retire at all. Or working as a private security guard somewhere for $12/hour after my FDC career was over.
    You have a $1 million dollar portfolio and paid off a 350K house while working at a jail? You're either a bad liar or you work for a drug cartel. Either way, you are full of Shiite and nobody believes your bullshit story, Homer.

Unregistered
    You have a $1 million dollar portfolio and paid off a 350K house while working at a jail? You're either a bad liar or you work for a drug cartel. Either way, you are full of Shiite and nobody believes your bullshit story, Homer.
    Yep, personal savings and investments around $750k + $320k from DROP. It's doable if you load the wagon early and do the DROP. My wife got a job with the agency and she maxed out her deferred comp as well. Just refrain from buying toys which get you in debt.

Unregistered
    How do you explain that A-L-L state agencies in Florida are low paid?
    Very easy. There are a couple of dumb ass that work for FDOC and they both come here and cry all the time. They are not team players. They are me players. They do not care about anyone else.

Unregistered
    Very easy. There are a couple of dumb ass that work for FDOC and they both come here and cry all the time. They are not team players. They are me players. They do not care about anyone else.
    The "me" players are in the FDC leadership. They definitely don't care about anyone else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345