PCSO Values Inexperience - They Have It Backwards

Unregistered

PCSO Values Inexperience - They Have It Backwards

PCSO has changed with every new Sheriff and with command staff changes. One thing that jumps out at me is the current regime’s laissez-faire attitude towards senior members. It seems they push senior people out whether they are command staff or experienced detectives. Then, predictably, the Sheriff is heard saying, “look, the bench is empty.” Maybe if there was value placed on those who have actual experience they would stay. And yes, they get a pay check. But that’s not the kind of value I mean. Stripes or bars do not bestow you with anymore experience than you had the day you were hired. Like every new job you have to learn new things. Making mistakes is apart of that process. There is great value in learning from a mistake. Unfortunately that’s not how all mistakes are viewed at PCSO. I honestly believe the command staff is intimidated by people with solid experience. Because those are people who don’t swallow the party line whole. If something is wrong they will say it’s wrong. It seems that this regime likes people who tow the party line even if it leads them off a cliff. News Flash Bob and Friends, you don’t know everything. And your way is not always the right way or the only way. When your regime matures beyond its infancy stage maybe you will appreciate the opinions of others. Like every outgoing person of importance who was shed free like they were nothing. In case you can’t read between the lines that would be people like:

Major Mike Ring
    Captain Glenn Luben
    Captain Dennis Fowler
    Lieutenant Danny Doherty

These were people with experience and leadership traits that were sorely needed. It appears anyone with a will and an opinion get squished or made into scapegoats for those who lack a backbone.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    PCSO has changed with every new Sheriff and with command staff changes. One thing that jumps out at me is the current regime’s laissez-faire attitude towards senior members. It seems they push senior people out whether they are command staff or experienced detectives. Then, predictably, the Sheriff is heard saying, “look, the bench is empty.” Maybe if there was value placed on those who have actual experience they would stay. And yes, they get a pay check. But that’s not the kind of value I mean. Stripes or bars do not bestow you with anymore experience than you had the day you were hired. Like every new job you have to learn new things. Making mistakes is apart of that process. There is great value in learning from a mistake. Unfortunately that’s not how all mistakes are viewed at PCSO. I honestly believe the command staff is intimidated by people with solid experience. Because those are people who don’t swallow the party line whole. If something is wrong they will say it’s wrong. It seems that this regime likes people who tow the party line even if it leads them off a cliff. News Flash Bob and Friends, you don’t know everything. And your way is not always the right way or the only way. When your regime matures beyond its infancy stage maybe you will appreciate the opinions of others. Like every outgoing person of importance who was shed free like they were nothing. In case you can’t read between the lines that would be people like:

Major Mike Ring
    Captain Glenn Luben
    Captain Dennis Fowler
    Lieutenant Danny Doherty

These were people with experience and leadership traits that were sorely needed. It appears anyone with a will and an opinion get squished or made into scapegoats for those who lack a backbone.
    Don't worry. Bob's plan is to hire them all back after a year so that they can double dip and be grateful to Bob for making them millionaires within three years. How many double dippers are there now?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't worry. Bob's plan is to hire them all back after a year so that they can double dip and be grateful to Bob for making them millionaires within three years. How many double dippers are there now?
    The story is practically writing itself. It's time for the legislature to act to put an end to this greed.