PBA President - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PBA President

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You guys are a joke, seriously comparing wind testing weed, which is essentially cutting the citizens the same break the SAO was going to by not prosecuting minor offenses, and not writing street checks, comparing that to murder, corruption, drug dealing, taking bribes, etc .
    Lighten up Francis it was humor....retard.

Unregistered
    Lighten up Francis it was humor....retard.
    Haha! He forgot to say “STFU” too 😂

Unregistered
    Rest assured the majority of the department is disgusted that our PBA board voted to take all 3 to arbitration after only viewing part of the evidence and a handful of the videos. It’s amazing that it took 2 Captains to beTDY to IA for over 1 month to go over all the videos and statements prior to them writing the disposition on the case. Yet, our board reviewed everything and made a decision in amount of a couple hours. That’s a load of BS! Physically impossible to review everything in that amount of time. I find it incomprehensible that our board voted to take all 3 to arbitration and spend our dues money when none of them will even be allowed to testify with our SAO anymore. Look it up! They are listed as not credible witnesses on SAO case management. No way an arbitrator sides with the Union on that fact alone much less the number of violations they were sustained on. Oh, and I love the argument that once they were served with a pending file in reference to ONE incident, they supposedly stopped their antics. So, if I am a serial rapist and I finally get arrested and bond out, I stop committing additional rapes. Does that mean I should not be charged and sentenced for the previous rapes I committed?! Give me a break! The majority of us are glad they are fired as they are exactly what gives law enforcement a bad reputation.
    ... The board of directors are given the entire packet electronically, and well in advance of a meeting in which they are voting on arbitration. Strong opinion on a weak foundation. I bet they love you on the witness stand.

Unregistered
    ... The board of directors are given the entire packet electronically, and well in advance of a meeting in which they are voting on arbitration. Strong opinion on a weak foundation. I bet they love you on the witness stand.
    Fake news. But, even if everything was reviewed, that makes it even more disgusting that they were voted Yes for every other decision mentioned. Maybe we can hide them in PAL for 20 years.

Unregistered
    Maybe you should contact a board member and ask why the cases were taken to arbitration. Arguing with idiots only brings you down to their level. Please call the PBA.

Unregistered
    Maybe you should contact a board member and ask why the cases were taken to arbitration. Arguing with idiots only brings you down to their level. Please call the PBA.
    I’ve already spoken to several board members. That’s where I got the one response from two of the executive board members that, “Oh, once they were served with a Pending File (for one incident mind you) they stopped their antics.” Again, take a poll of the department, the majority are in agreement that they needed to be fired!

Unregistered
    So once the issue was addressed by a supervisor once known they were retrained and corrected their behavior. And you take issue with this somehow? Maybe if addressed earlier by a supervisor these young immature, stupid and naïve officers would not be in this position. Sounds like the correct way it should be done. I find it significant that they changed their behavior when counseled for “one incident “ long before the city went back 6 months and found about 13 problematic videos out of over 300 videos.

Unregistered
    You seem uninformed as to how the union works. It’s not their job to decide if someone “should have been fired”. Their job is to evaluate if the discipline that was administered was consistent with past practices for similar violations, if it was progressive in nature based on the officer’s history, and if the discipline was a in violation of the bargaining agreement. Sometimes the case that gets defended is not pretty, but duty to represent dictates they get a fair shake.

Unregistered
    So rumor has it that their Sgt at the time has now been relieved of duty.

Unregistered
    You seem uninformed as to how the union works. It’s not their job to decide if someone “should have been fired”. Their job is to evaluate if the discipline that was administered was consistent with past practices for similar violations, if it was progressive in nature based on the officer’s history, and if the discipline was a in violation of the bargaining agreement. Sometimes the case that gets defended is not pretty, but duty to represent dictates they get a fair shake.
    Oh, I’m completely informed and knowledgeable on how the Union works. I won’t repeat my previous posts as all of your “job description” has been addressed in disgust with my previous posts. I like your last line about how the discipline was a violation of our contract. Pathetic. I’ll repost after the arbitrator sides with the City and we just tossed several thousand dollars out the window.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast