Police trainees
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police trainees

Unregistered

Police trainees

Why is it that police trainees from Miami Dade College are permitted to leave early, arrive late in order to apply to school board but NOT for other departments?

Unregistered
    Probably because MDS Police needs the bodies asap! The college's goal is to get recruits trained, pass the state exam, and hired as soon as possible to keep a good track record for future recruits. It may also have to the department needing to comply with this state law requiring an armed Officer to be in every school in the county, the PD is getting anyone and everyone they can to get onboard asap. The amount of money the agency is paying to other departments to cover the schools is astronomical.

Unregistered
    There shouldn't be a different standard for school police. However, whatever infractions that the college tolerates is on them. There should be one unified standard for everybody, regardless of the agency. Yes, we do have a need to hire police officers, but it doesn't mean everyone that comes through the door is going to get hired. There are plenty of applicants, both certified and non-certified, that get disqualified. Not to mention the number of new hires that have separated from the agency already.

There may be some that may slip threw the crack, but rest assured they will be weeded out soon enough..

Unregistered
    The college is definitely In cahoots with school board police. They are doing a disservice to the trainees by pushing them in that direction when they can be applying to better departments .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The college is definitely In cahoots with school board police. They are doing a disservice to the trainees by pushing them in that direction when they can be applying to better departments .
    Better departments?...Miami DADE schools PD will be one of the top agencies in south Florida. Starting at 50k a year? Take home car...weekends off....great benefits. The department is growing. Well be the 3rd largest in south Florida real soon.

Unregistered

Haven't Heard Anything

Did my Oral Board April 11....haven't heard anything...Is this a case of no news is good news or will I be receiving mail or email letting me know that I will not continue the process...I am not sure if I have been assigned to a background investigator so I'm not sure who to ask ...The process has been moving smoothly up unitil this point..Not sure what to do or think...I know the School Police has a zillion apps to process...just thought I might have gotten some notification by now.

Unregistered
    Sit tight. You've got it right. No news is good news. Hang in there. The files are a mile high.

Unregistered

Smile

Sit tight. You've got it right. No news is good news. Hang in there. The files are a mile high.
    If Jo** Ra***** is the background investigator, you'll be waiting until he returns from the Star Wars attraction at Disneyland (LOL)

Unregistered
    If Jo** Ra***** is the background investigator, you'll be waiting until he returns from the Star Wars attraction at Disneyland (LOL)
    Lazy and useless fat slob - another one of Muppet’s puppets.

Unregistered
    There shouldn't be a different standard for school police. However, whatever infractions that the college tolerates is on them. There should be one unified standard for everybody, regardless of the agency. Yes, we do have a need to hire police officers, but it doesn't mean everyone that comes through the door is going to get hired. There are plenty of applicants, both certified and non-certified, that get disqualified. Not to mention the number of new hires that have separated from the agency already.

There may be some that may slip threw the crack, but rest assured they will be weeded out soon enough..
    We have already kicked 3 out of the Academy and had two guys that worked with other departments fired. We are weeding out as many bad ones as we can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast