Pay Raise 2019 for Correctional Officers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

Clerical Need Raises

What about Clerical? We need raises too! Everything is going up except our paychecks. I can barely pay bills and feed my child and myself. We do so much to keep the whole office running smoothly but are treated as less important than an offender most days!! We need more money. We cant keep new support staff due to little pay and they cant very well start a new clerical and give them more or the same as someone who has been with the department more than 5 or 10 years! The pay scale is awful. It needs to be looked at and we need people in office to look at the real Truth and Big picture

Unregistered
    FDC needs people smart enough to do the basic, mundane jobs but dumb enough to stay on and not demand more money.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    FDC needs people smart enough to do the basic, mundane jobs but dumb enough to stay on and not demand more money.
    $33k isn't going to convince any smart people to work as prison officers since they can just make more by working at a county jail. It's just that the turnover at FDC got so bad is when they finally got a raise.

Let's not forget there are countless articles of CO's getting arrested for bringing in contrabrand with the most recent CO caught smuggling cell phones. It's surprising that FDC is able to hire people by running endless academies and praying that they'll stay.

Unregistered
    Do you want me to list the Probation Officers who have been arrested lately? Because, you have some real smart ones too. Do us all a favor and get off your high horse. He/She does not like you either.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you want me to list the Probation Officers who have been arrested lately? Because, you have some real smart ones too. Do us all a favor and get off your high horse. He/She does not like you either.
    Spare us. You can count PO's getting arrested on one or two hands. Counting the number of CO's arrested you will need a calculator.

Unregistered
    FDC pays barely enough to cover the trailer park rent and the payment on a 7 year loan for the pickup truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12