Beards vs Tattoos - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Face it beards are cooler and sexier than tattoos. Beards can be trimmed dyed or let grow and tattoos and permanent like the lack of neurons in your brain dude.

Unregistered
    It’s every members righteous duty and rights to speak up and protect each ones right to work in a place free of discrimination and unfair treatment. We shall cease enforcing the shaving rule if the tattoo rule is overlooked and not enforced. This is a beautiful organization where all genders and races are equally treated. We shall make sure and adhere to fairness to those who have developed a skin condition due to prolonged trauma to skin caused by many years of continuous shaving. With that in mind, there shall not be any preference given to those who wish to brand their skin with tattoos and repeatedly violate the same departmental chapter orders. We shall all be protected from bias and unfair disciplinary sanctions.

Unregistered
    Immediate action needs to be taken to protect members rights and equality. Why is shaving strictly mandated and enforced throughout the police academy and there on afterwards; and tattoos are only covered during the academy and never once again afterwards? Superiors insist on inspecting our shaving waivers and not the arms and necks of individuals who continue branding themselves and openly violating set rules. These tattooed arms and necks shall be covered immediately with departmental issued long sleeve shirts and or forearm sleeves. We need to stop protecting certain groups while harassing others. This is a beautiful department with hard working men and women. We must protect our integrity and worldwide image. Stop acquiring new arm tattoos after employment!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Immediate action needs to be taken to protect members rights and equality. Why is shaving strictly mandated and enforced throughout the police academy and there on afterwards; and tattoos are only covered during the academy and never once again afterwards? Superiors insist on inspecting our shaving waivers and not the arms and necks of individuals who continue branding themselves and openly violating set rules. These tattooed arms and necks shall be covered immediately with departmental issued long sleeve shirts and or forearm sleeves. We need to stop protecting certain groups while harassing others. This is a beautiful department with hard working men and women. We must protect our integrity and worldwide image. Stop acquiring new arm tattoos after employment!!!!
    You and all that FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP. Careful bruh you might rub it off with all these posts.

Unregistered
    Sailor, A-ten-HUT! You will be clean shaven and you will render a crisp salute when I come within 6 paces of you. You will hold it until I either return the salute or walk 9 paces past you. Shape up or ship out.
    Take your salute and shove it up your ass!

Unregistered
    Our union representatives are thoroughly looking into this matter and diligently making sure that all of our members rights are protected.

Unregistered
    If you shaved in the academy and covered your tattooed arms for six months, then you shall continue to do both out in the field. There will be no exceptions to the rule. It’s either this way or make both an exception and eliminate the rule. Favoritism for either shall be unacceptable.

Unregistered
    If you shaved in the academy and covered your tattooed arms for six months, then you shall continue to do both out in the field. There will be no exceptions to the rule. It’s either this way or make both an exception and eliminate the rule. Favoritism for either shall be unacceptable.
    Damn, still crying over beards & tattoos? Of all this thing wrong with this department, this is what your crying about. It's been a policy for years that, ONLY certain special unit can grow beards. Tattoo's has never been a issue until YOU! What's so offences, on the tattoo's? It's not the public saying anything one-way or the other. It's people in the department. Needing something to cry about, so this it is. If you find tattoo's, a issued that your making it. Here's a push in the right direction. Still with me?? Go to the next city hall meeting, stand in front of all and state your concerns. Coming on here is getting NOTHING done. Now, since we have a weak FOP, you'll get this pushed thru and it's all over with. The chief is a wanna-be model and pretty boy, so this will work in your favor.

Unregistered
    Chapter will be rewritten. What is overt and offensive to you may not be as same to me. Beards bother no one but tattoos do so. I dislike skulls and demons and I choose not to see them nor be at close proximities to them. My right shall be protected. It shall be mandated for all visible tattoos to be covered immediately. Shaving waivers are mandated and so shall concealments of tattoos per departmental orders. We shall not be treated different any longer. Females with tattoos have an advantage over male members who are mandated to shave and adhere to rules. This is a form of discrimination and totally unacceptable.

Unregistered
    Most modern departments allow nicely trimmed beards and goatees. This is the 21st century. Proves Miami is a run by a 3rd world administration. What are they afraid of? Every cop looking like ZZ Top? But then again, Miami cops always get granted something and usually end up f u c k i n g it up by taking it to the extreme. Explains why most departments hire the best candidates and Miami gets gets the bottom of the barrel leftovers.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast