Bring on the body cameras! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s coming. It may not be in the next 5 years but it’s coming especially when more local agencies are adopting or expanding their body camera programs. All it will take is a media piece saying PCSO being one of the hold outs and bingo, body cameras for everyone. If you have nothing to hide you shouldn’t have any concerns. Body cameras are great tools if you’ve ever had to answer to a bogus IA complaint or you’re ever in a use of force situation... provided you do your job properly. I think the opponents are worried about that part!
    Let's assume you are an outstanding citizen. Sheriff's Deputies are called out to your house at 3 AM, because your daughter (Who is not as oustanding as you) is naked and drunk in your yard.. The deputies arrive (Cameras on) and record the whole incident, while you and your wife are screaming at you daughter, and the Deputies because you suddemly realize that everyone is being filmed... This is all public record, and the public has a right to see the video. Am I correct? Think about this..You may get what you wish for...

Unregistered
    Because when I go to city hall, or driver's license, tax collector, etc the employees don't carry guns. Police do and they lack accountability because it is their word against the citizens'. Anyone can lie. Cameras show exactly what happened and who screwed up if the situation turns sour. Cameras makes it easier to get rid of bad cops but they also protect good cops from false accusations and agencies from frivolous lawsuits. That's why body cameras are the way of the future for LEO agencies.
    Uh yup they do. It called concealed carry. You just don’t know they are armed.

Unregistered
    So in your world, only cops can be "bad"? Politicians at every level make illegal deals all the time, but you are only concerned with cops..
    Yeah but corrupt politicians don't shoot and beat up people. They just steal their money.

It's all about liability. That is why LEOs should wear body cameras and agencies should not be opposed to them because cameras reduce civil and criminal liabilities. And the taxpayers and voters have a right to know how their public servants are doing their jobs.

Unregistered
    Yeah but corrupt politicians don't shoot and beat up people. They just steal their money. .
    You are seriously clueless. Read up on how many people tight with the Clintons died. And then there’s the Kennedys. Look them up also.

Unregistered
    Every person living in America (And worldwide) has the power of life or death over every day citizens. In 2017, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 17,284. 986 were shot and killed by police...
    Yes, but police get to investigate themselves and lie because there was no video. Happens every day. That's why only ONE cop in the entire state of Florida over the last 30 years was charged and convicted for killing someone. And thatonly occured because there was audio that proved the cop lied.

Unregistered
    Eventually costs will decline further and all agencies will issue body cameras. It's just a matter of a few years for it to happen. The main reason agencies will adopt body cameras is because it makes financial sense - fewer frivolous lawsuits and fewer payouts which saves money. The other reason is that agency supervisors and command staff are better able to supervise, identify the bad apples and issue disciplinary actions for breaking agency rules. Body cameras are also useful as evidence in prosecutions. So body cameras are beneficial and getting cheaper therefore it is only a matter of time until they are issued by our agency.

Unregistered
    Hey, moron, do you think all that video stores itself? Do you think that the camera itself has infinite memory? Nope! They require hard drives. 30 terabytes are out now in solid state drives, that means instant access, instant retrieval. They go for $12,000. So an agency that would deploy like 600 would fill that in a few weeks. So do the math tard. And there are laws in how long you must store it depending on what it recorded. So like I said, it’s not free tard. It’s a perpetual expense.

Unregistered
    Hey, moron, do you think all that video stores itself? Do you think that the camera itself has infinite memory? Nope! They require hard drives. 30 terabytes are out now in solid state drives, that means instant access, instant retrieval. They go for $12,000. So an agency that would deploy like 600 would fill that in a few weeks. So do the math tard. And there are laws in how long you must store it depending on what it recorded. So like I said, it’s not free tard. It’s a perpetual expense.
    So how much storage is Bobby using for his BS facial recognition? Storage is cheap in the scheme of things.

Unregistered
    Just cut back on the excessive administrative staff and use the money to fund the body cameras. TPD and many other agencies have no problem funding them.

Unregistered
    Let's assume you are an outstanding citizen. Sheriff's Deputies are called out to your house at 3 AM, because your daughter (Who is not as oustanding as you) is naked and drunk in your yard.. The deputies arrive (Cameras on) and record the whole incident, while you and your wife are screaming at you daughter, and the Deputies because you suddemly realize that everyone is being filmed... This is all public record, and the public has a right to see the video. Am I correct? Think about this..You may get what you wish for...
    That’s an interesting story and possibly has happened at least a few hundred times in some variation in the thousands of agencies that are already using body cameras. I would say they’ve managed to figure out how to handle special cases in the best way possible but I can’t speak for them. Unfortunately you don’t have a keen grasp on state public records or logic. I can speculate with absolute certainty that not a single agency in this country would release a nude video of someone without some redacting. And, someone would have to have enough interest to request it in the first place. Is the media really interested in domestics with a nude person? No. Would a creepy neighbor be bold enough to request a copy for himself for his jollies? No. We can come up with a ton of examples that might illicit some hurt feelings... they’re still coming though!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast