Bring on the body cameras! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you are a liar james
    I'm not sure who the deputy is that posted the message, but isn't it fun when these mental giants accuse you of being james just because you think body cams might not be a bad idea?

Unregistered
    I'm not sure who the deputy is that posted the message, but isn't it fun when these mental giants accuse you of being james just because you think body cams might not be a bad idea?
    It is amusing and shows their inferior intellect when they get obsessed with a certain individual who annoys Bob, assuming he is the only one who dislikes and criticizes him.

Just like the nationwide transition from revolvers to semi-auto pistols which was resisted by some ignorant sheriffs and chiefs, the body camera trend is in progress right now. Those who can adapt will keep their jobs and those who cannot will end up like the three cops from TPD who got fired. Cameras have already weeded out a few bad apples at the jail which Bob relished in firing so it will be the same in patrol. Bob loves to fire people and publicize it in the media for political gain so it's only a matter of time until he brings in the body cameras. Meanwhile technological advances are reducing the cost of these systems making them affordable for even smaller departments.

Unregistered
    It’s coming. It may not be in the next 5 years but it’s coming especially when more local agencies are adopting or expanding their body camera programs. All it will take is a media piece saying PCSO being one of the hold outs and bingo, body cameras for everyone. If you have nothing to hide you shouldn’t have any concerns. Body cameras are great tools if you’ve ever had to answer to a bogus IA complaint or you’re ever in a use of force situation... provided you do your job properly. I think the opponents are worried about that part!

Unregistered
    I'm a Deputy and I'm all for bodycams.. As long as every other government employee is forced to wear them.. This includes all local, state, and federal employees... Why are cops the only ones who should wear them? Think about this. Even if you are a dirty streetcop, if you are stealing and/or robbing people, you will get caught long before you become wealthy.. On the other hand look many of our Federal politicians, many started out with little money, but end their careers with millions of dollars in the bank...

Unregistered

Really

I'm a Deputy and I'm all for bodycams.. As long as every other government employee is forced to wear them.. This includes all local, state, and federal employees... Why are cops the only ones who should wear them? Think about this. Even if you are a dirty streetcop, if you are stealing and/or robbing people, you will get caught long before you become wealthy.. On the other hand look many of our Federal politicians, many started out with little money, but end their careers with millions of dollars in the bank...
    Why are cops the only ones who should wear them? Try this..........cops are the only ones given the power of life or death over every day citizens.

Unregistered
    Why are cops the only ones who should wear them? Try this..........cops are the only ones given the power of life or death over every day citizens.
    Every person living in America (And worldwide) has the power of life or death over every day citizens. In 2017, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 17,284. 986 were shot and killed by police...

Unregistered
    Wrong. So are fire fighters, paramedics, doctors, nurses, judges, correctional officers, probation officers and PARENTS. So let’s have everyone wear them. Especially dumb shits who drive green boat cars and have delusions of persecution.

Unregistered
    Because when I go to city hall, or driver's license, tax collector, etc the employees don't carry guns. Police do and they lack accountability because it is their word against the citizens'. Anyone can lie. Cameras show exactly what happened and who screwed up if the situation turns sour. Cameras makes it easier to get rid of bad cops but they also protect good cops from false accusations and agencies from frivolous lawsuits. That's why body cameras are the way of the future for LEO agencies.

Unregistered
    I don't get Bob's opposition to body cameras given all his speeches and memos about personal accountability and his unmatched dedication to it, running a clean agency and following the General Orders. Same goes for the COC, who parrots Bob's concerns about personal responsibility and accountability. Seems that Bob should be leading the way for body cameras to show the public that he means what he says, that it's not just political window dressing. Or maybe he is full of bullshit.

Unregistered
    Cameras makes it easier to get rid of bad cops but they also protect good cops from false accusations and agencies from frivolous lawsuits.
    So in your world, only cops can be "bad"? Politicians at every level make illegal deals all the time, but you are only concerned with cops..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast