DRE pay?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DRE pay??

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So DRE's are currently getting paid extra with FHP? News to me!
    It's only been that way for about the last 4 years. So, if you are really an FHP trooper, either you have been living under a rock for the last 4 years or you are an idiot. Which one is it?

Unregistered
    It's only been that way for about the last 4 years. So, if you are really an FHP trooper, either you have been living under a rock for the last 4 years or you are an idiot. Which one is it?
    Where in the post did I state I was a trooper? Just stated it was news to me if true. Wow!

Unregistered
    I was not referring to every poster as snowflake. I was mostly referring to you, but if the shoe fits, so be it.
    Someone struck a nerve! Love it! Yea Yea brass at FHP is the brightest and smartest!

Unregistered
    Someone struck a nerve! Love it! Yea Yea brass at FHP is the brightest and smartest!
    LOL. You turds are so funny.

Unregistered

Cool

So, if you are really an FHP trooper, either you have been living under a rock for the last 4 years or you are an idiot. Which one is it?
    I am an idiot. What does that make you for engaging in conversation with me?

Unregistered
    As "brass" one earns "special comp" which can be used as leave later so don't try that! I'm sure a captain starting at $80,000 plus can always use their special comp leave and suck up some soar or hireback from a trooper! The brass at our SO is out this weekend with county road units taking calls. That's called leadership! FHP brass 8am-4pm week days!
    When I first promoted to "brass", I felt the same way. I came out and worked almost every holiday, because I figured that I would be able to take it back later. I felt that way until the end of the following year when I lost about 150 hours of Annual Leave because I had accumulated more Special Comp than I could burn and couldn't touch my Annual Leave until all my Special Comp was gone. We have different rules regarding our leave and we don't get overtime. That is why I don't work a holiday anymore unless I am scheduled as TWS or for a special detail. I think that you should promote and see that the grass isn't always greener.

Unregistered
    Almost right. SES cannot earn special comp. All you have to do is look it up, that’s the rules. If a Captain or above works a holiday it’s treated only as OT, which they are not paid for. All they can do is offset in the same month, OT will not carry over. So I am sure your Troop Commander is going to give up a holiday just to make a bunch of non-working cry babies happy.

Unregistered
    Well if they don't do something more, it's not worth it to fight to get or keep the DRE cert. $120 a month after taxes. I can make twice that in one night on 208.

Unregistered
    Almost right. SES cannot earn special comp. All you have to do is look it up, that’s the rules. If a Captain or above works a holiday it’s treated only as OT, which they are not paid for. All they can do is offset in the same month, OT will not carry over. So I am sure your Troop Commander is going to give up a holiday just to make a bunch of non-working cry babies happy.
    And any ‘comp’ time is straight time (hour for hour), not 1.5 rate.

Unregistered
    Well if they don't do something more, it's not worth it to fight to get or keep the DRE cert. $120 a month after taxes. I can make twice that in one night on 208.
    And just think of all the people they just convinced to become DRE certified.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123