Trying to make State Troopers Great Again. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really disrespectful for you to joke about “legs sweeper out” since FHP state troopers were struck and killed by passing vehicles while on traffic stops and working on crashes the past couple of years.

You have no respect for the state troopers who died in the line of duty with your childish insults.
    "Back in the day, you knew not to disrespect a trooper. When a trooper arrived on a scene, his appearance alone commanded respect. Those were the days."

Did you miss this part? Respect is earned, not "commanded". That seems to be a uniform blind spot across FHP.

Unregistered
    "Back in the day, you knew not to disrespect a trooper. When a trooper arrived on a scene, his appearance alone commanded respect. Those were the days."

Did you miss this part? Respect is earned, not "commanded". That seems to be a uniform blind spot across FHP.
    I'm the one that posted that quote that you are tearing apart and making rude comments about. My point was and still is, the appearance of the trooper commanded the respect. You know, the sharp crisp creases in the neatly pressed uniform. The highly shined shoes. The crew cut hair cut. The hat on the before the trooper got out of the car. Not an ounce of fat on the trooper. You could see the pride of the trooper in himself and his uniform as well as his car. Maybe I should have said a date earlier than the mid-80s.

My point is the trooper did not command respect, it was his appearance that did so. Back then everyone respected the troopers.

Me, I was never a trooper. But, back in the day, I respected the hell out of them.

Unregistered
    I think starting pay should be competitive. Being that FHP does rotate there fleet and uniforms can use some updating. They not bad agency, I will they need more training reference domestic calls. I couldn't see them handling a fraud case, restraining order or CPIS call. That would make me nervous.

Unregistered

Lightbulb Yes Master

Make State Troopers Great Again
    Make State Troopers Great Again = MASTA

Unregistered
    $52k for a job that requires no degree, just a G.Ed? Really? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Check out how much Miami dade officers make with just a GED and English as a second language.

Unregistered
    I'm the one that posted that quote that you are tearing apart and making rude comments about. My point was and still is, the appearance of the trooper commanded the respect. You know, the sharp crisp creases in the neatly pressed uniform. The highly shined shoes. The crew cut hair cut. The hat on the before the trooper got out of the car. Not an ounce of fat on the trooper. You could see the pride of the trooper in himself and his uniform as well as his car. Maybe I should have said a date earlier than the mid-80s.

My point is the trooper did not command respect, it was his appearance that did so. Back then everyone respected the troopers.

Me, I was never a trooper. But, back in the day, I respected the hell out of them.
    I'll give you a proper response tomorrow. I owe you one.

Unregistered

Okay. I understand the importance of a uniform when it comes to command presence. But most people aren't going to notice minute differences between a regular uniform and a perfectly maintained uniform. They care about problem solvers. They care about being treated fairly. Even if they are in the wrong. Respect comes from respect. Unfortunately many Troopers continue to not understand that. You can't treat people like crap and expect anything pleasant in return. But you could give me two citations. As long as you're nice about it, it's not a problem. And like I've heard before, "I'd take a polite ticket over a disrespectful warning."

Unregistered
    Okay. I understand the importance of a uniform when it comes to command presence. But most people aren't going to notice minute differences between a regular uniform and a perfectly maintained uniform. They care about problem solvers. They care about being treated fairly. Even if they are in the wrong. Respect comes from respect. Unfortunately many Troopers continue to not understand that. You can't treat people like crap and expect anything pleasant in return. But you could give me two citations. As long as you're nice about it, it's not a problem. And like I've heard before, "I'd take a polite ticket over a disrespectful warning."

This is where you are entirely wrong.
    The University of California at Berkley conducted a study that revealed that a police officer who was in shape, well groomed ad wore his uniform in a professional natter was LESS apt to have his authority challenged that those that not.
    This concept was taught in the police academies across the nation in the 1980s under the P.E.A.K acronym.
    Of course all of this became obsolete with the concept of Affirmative Action and the dissolution of hiring standards.

Unregistered
    This is where you are entirely wrong.
    The University of California at Berkley conducted a study that revealed that a police officer who was in shape, well groomed ad wore his uniform in a professional natter was LESS apt to have his authority challenged that those that not.
    This concept was taught in the police academies across the nation in the 1980s under the P.E.A.K acronym.
    Of course all of this became obsolete with the concept of Affirmative Action and the dissolution of hiring standards.
    Okay so now we are shifting gears from "respect" to "having our authority challenged"? Way to move the goalposts, Cartman.

Unregistered
    Okay so now we are shifting gears from "respect" to "having our authority challenged"? Way to move the goalposts, Cartman.
    I think that a little study of "Personal Power", Maslow's hierarchy of needs and engaging leadership concepts may be helpful to you.
    The public's perception of an officer begins with the first glance and that will be their reality.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast