Waiting on a DPA

Unregistered

Waiting on a DPA

3/15 Christchurch, NZ.
    Lone gunman enters 2 separate Mosques and kills 50 Muslims. 50 more Muslims injured. 1 arrested.
    8,236 miles away, HCSO begins DPA's at several area Mosques. Every 3 hours, repeat 100 times.

4/21 Several sites in Sri Lanka
    6 suicide bombers target 3 Christian Churches and 3 hotels on Easter morning. 310 dead. 500 injured. 40 arrested.
    9,750 miles away, HCSO does not begin DPA's at any Christian Churches or hotels.

Am I missing something?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    3/15 Christchurch, NZ.
    Lone gunman enters 2 separate Mosques and kills 50 Muslims. 50 more Muslims injured. 1 arrested.
    8,236 miles away, HCSO begins DPA's at several area Mosques. Every 3 hours, repeat 100 times.

4/21 Several sites in Sri Lanka
    6 suicide bombers target 3 Christian Churches and 3 hotels on Easter morning. 310 dead. 500 injured. 40 arrested.
    9,750 miles away, HCSO does not begin DPA's at any Christian Churches or hotels.

Am I missing something?
    I can see your point, you’re crippled by a lack of common sense. See I’d rather not have a DPA. I know the religious centers in my zone. I use common sense and make an appearance that coincides with their service schedule and my work schedule. Don’t need a DPA at 4 am when no one is there. Thank god your most critical daily decision is whether or not to get the “biggie fries” with your double baconater.

Unregistered
    I can see your point, you’re crippled by a lack of common sense. See I’d rather not have a DPA. I know the religious centers in my zone. I use common sense and make an appearance that coincides with their service schedule and my work schedule. Don’t need a DPA at 4 am when no one is there. Thank god your most critical daily decision is whether or not to get the “biggie fries” with your double baconater.
    Your reply should have ended at "I can see your point".
    But you decided that you would try to post some snarky response in an effort to amuse yourself.
    Your response says it all. I'm sure you are patrolling at 4 am, Mr. Six Digit PID.
    My post poses an interesting question as to why we are favoring one religion's place of worship over another religion's place of worship when both have been attacked.

Unregistered
    Your reply should have ended at "I can see your point".
    But you decided that you would try to post some snarky response in an effort to amuse yourself.
    Your response says it all. I'm sure you are patrolling at 4 am, Mr. Six Digit PID.
    My post poses an interesting question as to why we are favoring one religion's place of worship over another religion's place of worship when both have been attacked.
    Your lack of intelligence prevents you from understanding things. It’s not your fault. I wouldn’t recommend trying to unseat the Jeopardy champ if I were in yours shoes. Stick to your coloring books.

Unregistered
    Lets not let religion start a whole pointless thread war that nothing can be done about. We all know how this agency is. It conforms to what this liberal state wants.

Unregistered
    Lets not let religion start a whole pointless thread war that nothing can be done about. We all know how this agency is. It conforms to what this liberal state wants.
    Puss wads!

Unregistered
    Your lack of intelligence prevents you from understanding things. It’s not your fault. I wouldn’t recommend trying to unseat the Jeopardy champ if I were in yours shoes. Stick to your coloring books.
    This. Exactly this. Excellent post ..

Unregistered
    "I can see your point, you’re crippled by a lack of common sense. See I’d rather not have a DPA. I know the religious centers in my zone. I use common sense and make an appearance that coincides with their service schedule and my work schedule. Don’t need a DPA at 4 am when no one is there. Thank god your most critical daily decision is whether or not to get the “biggie fries” with your double baconater."

"Your reply should have ended at "I can see your point".
    My post poses an interesting question as to why we are favoring one religion's place of worship over another religion's place of worship when both have been attacked."

You're both right, at least to a degree.

Personally, I'd rather not have a DPA telling me how I should be patrolling my area. If I see there has been an attack against a particular religion then I will focus my efforts a little more strongly on that religion's places or worship for some time. Contrary to the comment "We all know how this agency is. It conforms to what this liberal state wants.", no, its common sense. Was it "conforming" to step up security at airports, subways, and other transportation hubs post 9-11? No. It was common sense. However, I am not sure why you would not be patrolling your religious centers around the clock. If you are free then why not swing by? Just because a service is not taking place doesn't mean a sig20 can't go set fire to the building.

In regards to the second referenced post, I would not exactly say that we are "favoring one religion's place of worship over another religion's place of worship". DPA or not, we should be patrolling all of the religious centers in our zone. Criminal acts are often based on opportunity. If our focus is primarily on one religion's centers, then we are leaving all the others vulnerable to being the next to be attacked. You stopping to type a report in the parking lot may be all the deterrent needed to change a sig20's plans, maybe.

Like it or not, we are in this profession to protect and serve all, regardless of race or religion. You shouldn't have to be told how to patrol your zone, you should be smart enough to know what needs to be patrolled and do it.

Unregistered
    There is a lot less Mosques in the county than there is other religious churches. If there was a DPA at every church there would be no one available for any calls because there are hundreds of churches in Hillsborough. Supervisors have told units to do business checks when available. I think that's a better solution.