Moving to Orlando area

Unregistered

Moving to Orlando area

Hello,

Current LEO in south Florida looking to relocate to the Orlando area sometime early next year. I have a few questions regarding the department.

- are you guys on 12’s? If not what is the schedule like?
    - How are the benefits? Health? Time off?
    - How are the districts broken up?
    - You guys must have great off duty? Do you guys get a piece of the sports teams? You guys have Disney correct?
    - Do you guys get issued good gear?
    - Issued duty weapons?

I know it’s a lot of questions but I would greatly appreciate some insight.

Thank you again and be safe!

Unregistered
    I’m not hired yet but deep in the process so I can answer a few of your questions.

Yes 12 hour shifts. There is 6 sectors, you will be sent to 1, 2, 3, or 4 at first.

5 and 6 are the tourist area and Disney and you can’t request them off the bat.

Details are good, yes Disney.

Firearm issued is the Glock 21 .45

Unregistered
    To the guy “deep in the process” are you done now ? Has your file been sent to the sheriff? When is the next hire date ?

Unregistered
    Yes I’m all done. There is a group being sworn in May 24th, and another one in July

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes I’m all done. There is a group being sworn in May 24th, and another one in July
    How long did it take from when you applied to when you got hired? Im FDLE cert and have 5 years of experience

Unregistered
    How long did it take from when you applied to when you got hired? Im FDLE cert and have 5 years of experience
    It took me about six months

Unregistered
    In the process currently, I know every day is different but how is call volume? Is there time to be proactive or is it just call to call?

Also i see some deputies wearing shorts and a polo type shirt. Is that a summer uniform?

I also see some deputies with load bearing vests, are the approved for everyone?

Thanks for the help!

Unregistered
    In the process currently, I know every day is different but how is call volume? Is there time to be proactive or is it just call to call?

Also i see some deputies wearing shorts and a polo type shirt. Is that a summer uniform?

I also see some deputies with load bearing vests, are the approved for everyone?

Thanks for the help!
    Call volume depends on your sector and shift. Sector 2 and 4 are the busiest.

Summer uniform

They are testing them out now but may be approved for all patrol in the future