Being Hired

Thread: Being Hired

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Question Being Hired

Hello all,

Applied to FHP a week ago and received an email back. I have a few questions about my background. I was charged with assault at age 18 I'll be 24 in 2 months. (I was a senior in high school) for fighting with my then friend on my dance team. Case was dismissed and I'm currently in the process of getting it expunged. I'm wondering if it'd be a problem. Do expunged cases show up on your background?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxey11 View Post
    Hello all,

Applied to FHP a week ago and received an email back. I have a few questions about my background. I was charged with assault at age 18 I'll be 24 in 2 months. (I was a senior in high school) for fighting with my then friend on my dance team. Case was dismissed and I'm currently in the process of getting it expunged. I'm wondering if it'd be a problem. Do expunged cases show up on your background?
    No shit. What are you going to do? Not tell them? That would not be very wise, I can already tell you’re not a good fit

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Reading is fundamental. If you're not going to answer the question professionally KEEP IT MOVING

Btw you're not a good fit haha
    Last edited by Mod 724; 04-23-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Foul language

Unregistered
    Reading is fundamental. If you're not going to answer the question professionally KEEP IT MOVING

Btw you're not a good fit haha[/QUOTE]

Do expunged cases show up on your background?...and if they didn’t you wouldn’t tell them is what you insinuated

Too bad I already have the job! Good luck buddy 👍
    Last edited by Mod 724; 04-23-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Foul language in original quoted post

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Btw you're not a good fit haha
    Do expunged cases show up on your background?...and if they didn’t you wouldn’t tell them is what you insinuated

Too bad I already have the job! Good luck buddy 👍[/QUOTE]

You've received the email, and think you already have a job? Don't think so.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxey11 View Post
    Do expunged cases show up on your background?
    Yes and no.

NO: If a garden variety patrolman runs a criminal history, then no, an expunged arrest will not show up.

YES: If a BI investigator runs a criminal history on an applicant for certain jobs (law enforcement, certain nursing jobs, etc.), then yes, an expunged record will appear.