Should I even apply? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Exact words of the chief too

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No chip on my shoulder there hero. I didn’t know that it was Tacti-Cool to call overtime Off Duty ops??? Tell you what, apply to the 5.11 store in Doral, sign up for the nearest AirSoft Combat team, and definitely show up with all your thin blue line crap you own. They will make you a General in no time.

Glad you found your answer without getting your dancing dress dirty. Enjoy Sweetwater!
    How do I triple thumbs up up this post?

Unregistered
    You can't...it's tough guy defense mechanism, cuz the previous poster torn him an as*hole.

Unregistered
    You can't...it's tough guy defense mechanism, cuz the previous poster torn him an as*hole.
    Not quite. But I do see there's another self-delusional millennial trying to get in. Backgrounds, please take note.

Unregistered
    Hahahahaha....defense mechanism? Don’t know which post you are reading. He was responding to an obvious wannabe who referred to overtime as “Off duty ops”. Wtf does that even mean?

He got a torn a new one? Really?

Unregistered
    Sounds like you may be coming from PBSO. If so, you would be a damn fool to leave. That agency is the cream of the crop in south Florida. But if you're coming from another agency, I would advise you to stay out for at least a bit longer until we get a new chief and see what direction they want to take us in. Our last chief was a joke and the city council doesn't make things any better. Just be aware that the Beach is very busy and can be dangerous due to the subjects we encounter on the daily (all the thug trash from the other side of the water). Also be advised that our shifts run based on seniority so you will not see weekends off for at least the next 10-15 years ( took me 16 years to have a Saturday and Sunday off in my schedule but I still get called in to work OT). This department and its workload will require a lot out of you so if you have a family: I ask that you consider them and keep in mind that you'll go from a rotating 12 to set 10s with mandatory holidays and event weekends that you'll be drafted for. You will make GREAT money here and deal with a lot, but you have to have the will to do it. Best of luck to you and be safe.
    Haha good guess. And yea i always hear everyone say its “cream of the crop”. It sure is in terms of benefits and pay and work load/ scheduling. But its not what it seems on the inside. Very well written post, as a Miami kid growing up beach was the go to spot, seems i’ll see how it plays out, thank you

Unregistered
    As a leader you have to know when to walk away. Never bait anyone....it's not the right thing to do.

Unregistered
    Off duty ops meant off duty opportunities.

Unregistered

Best place to work in the country

Make sure your ready before applying. You will have to deal with a resort community with very little violent crime. Do your twenty five get Sgt. bars or better and you will leave with 800k lump sum if you do the full drop + your 1% and 8k a month for life (with a cola) immediately upon retirement.

Yes be very careful about applying here you will be stuck with too many years of retirement with potentially nothing to do but fish travel and play golf. Yikes!

Unregistered
    Make sure your ready before applying. You will have to deal with a resort community with very little violent crime. Do your twenty five get Sgt. bars or better and you will leave with 800k lump sum if you do the full drop + your 1% and 8k a month for life (with a cola) immediately upon retirement.

Yes be very careful about applying here you will be stuck with too many years of retirement with potentially nothing to do but fish travel and play golf. Yikes!
    Great post.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast