Medical Marijuana - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    The CJSTC has chosen not to change their rules which they advised in an article posted last year. Don’t ask me where. I don’t have it.

They advised since marijuana is still illegal federally your certification won’t be maintained if you use it. So you WILL lose your job if you get on the legal registry. AND you can’t buy a gun.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard some other agencies are not disciplining their people if they have a marijuana card and test positive. One agency is saying if employee shows up for work and does not appear to be under the influence, they dont care that the employee has marijuana in his system.
    You are so full of it. No agency in Florida does this. They would be decertified you idiot.

Unregistered
    You don't need a prescription. Just take some out of evidence or confiscate it from a pothead. You have a gun and a badge, just not a brain.

Unregistered
    Probably at least 10% of the members use recreational pot or pot derived products. Let's see some random testing if Bob is serious about prohibiting pot like he is about DUIs.

Unregistered
    Do not forget that we have a two-tiered governmental system in this country; state and federal. While some states have "legalized" the possession and use of marijuana, to varying degrees, it is still against FEDERAL law to possess marijuana, except for certain authorized research programs. And, while local and state authorities can not generally enforce federal law, federal agents can.

Unregistered
    Do not forget that we have a two-tiered governmental system in this country; state and federal. While some states have "legalized" the possession and use of marijuana, to varying degrees, it is still against FEDERAL law to possess marijuana, except for certain authorized research programs. And, while local and state authorities can not generally enforce federal law, federal agents can.
    That's why you should not be a blabber mouth at work and only party with people you know and trust.

Unregistered
    I’m curious about a few things. If an employee goes to a state that allows recreational marijuana and edibles can you be fired if you use them there? And there legitimate uses for CBD products, I wonder what he official PCSO view is in that.

Unregistered
    Personally I support medical and recreational marijuana. It's use should not be a reason for any kind of disciplinary action by the administration. We have plenty of alcoholics in the agency which is a far worse. The legalization of recreational marijuana would eliminate a lot of BS arrests and free up jail space, saving the taxpayers money. It's a waste of jail space to lock people up for having a few joints or a bag. Time to change the laws and the General Orders to reflect the changes in our society.

Unregistered
    Personally I support medical and recreational marijuana. It's use should not be a reason for any kind of disciplinary action by the administration. We have plenty of alcoholics in the agency which is a far worse. The legalization of recreational marijuana would eliminate a lot of BS arrests and free up jail space, saving the taxpayers money. It's a waste of jail space to lock people up for having a few joints or a bag. Time to change the laws and the General Orders to reflect the changes in our society.
    Sure, what this country needs is MORE people who are suffering from perception and judgement problems through the use of recreational chemicals. So, far, every state which has legalized recreational marijuana use has seen an increase in marijuana influenced automobile accidents, increased emergency room usage, due to adverse reaction to marijuana and increased use of the product by minors. Other studies have shown that marijuana use is detrimental to workplace safety and productivity. The worst thing about marijuana use is that smoking the product is the most popular way to use it. This allows for non-users to suffer from a contact high with secondhand smoke; something that imbibing alcohol does not do. Recreational use of alcohol causes enough problems in our society, do we really want another perception altering chemical to be used by selfish people for selfish purposes?

Unregistered
    Thanks pothead, that wasn’t my question. I don’t care what you like. Recreational weed is a gateway drug and those who abuse it are useless zombies with no drive.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast