Medical Marijuana - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3103273]Over the years, people have been let go for alcohol and drugs, don't know about steroids, one idiot came forward wanting help for his cocaine addiction after he was seen partaking at a party with civilians.........needless to say he was fired!

Oh yes. That was one of Asst. Chief SJ, then a sergeant, “SWAT Operators” (sarcasm). He went to bat for him to try to save his job and Sheriff ER said no way.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good cry, bro?
    Another nonsensical response. Just how low is the IQ of PCSD deputies, anyway? Perhaps, you would put down the bong and address my points? No? It requires too much thought? Sorry.

Unregistered
    Do you remember that oath that you took to uphold the law? If so, why are you out there violating it? Do you really think that the laws of the land do not apply to you? Are you just an outlaw with a badge? Good for the public to know. Especially when you arrest someone for using illicit drugs and using steroids for a little help at the gym. What a bunch of idiots. Go right ahead and dump a $1.5 million career just to get high on illicit drugs.
    What oath to "uphold the law"??

Unregistered
    What oath to "uphold the law"??
    Under FSS 30.09(1)(a), a deputy sheriff is required toe "subscribe" to the same oath of office required of the Sheriff. This oath is found in the Florida Constitution Art. II Section 5(b) :

(b) Each state and county officer, before entering upon the duties of the office, shall give bond as required by law, and shall swear or affirm:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, protect, and defend the Constitution and Government of the United States and of the State of Florida; that I am duly qualified to hold office under the Constitution of the state; and that I will well and faithfully perform the duties of (title of office) on which I am now about to enter. So help me God.”,

and thereafter shall devote personal attention to the duties of the office, and continue in office until a successor qualifies.

A deputy sheriff can not exercise any power until he is bonded and affirms the sheriff;s oath of office. This is traditionally done through a formal verbal recitation of the oath and signing a form affirming the deputy's acknowledgement that he will uphold his oath of office.

Deputy sheriff's are not the same as a municipal or state police officer. The deputy sheriff embodies all of the duties, powers and responsibiiliitie4s of the sheriff. He is, essentially, the legal clone of the sheriff. As such, he is required to take the same oath of office as the sheriff. And, part of the duties and responsibilities of the sheriff is to enforce, uphold and follow the laws of the state and federal government. His deputies inherit these responsibilities.

It is important, for a deputy sheriff to know and understand his legal obligations and relationship to both the sheriff and the state of Florida. It is not the same as working as for a government subdivision, such as a municipal, county or state agency.

Unregistered
    Under FSS 30.09(1)(a), a deputy sheriff is required toe "subscribe" to the same oath of office required of the Sheriff. This oath is found in the Florida Constitution Art. II Section 5(b) :

(b) Each state and county officer, before entering upon the duties of the office, shall give bond as required by law, and shall swear or affirm:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, protect, and defend the Constitution and Government of the United States and of the State of Florida; that I am duly qualified to hold office under the Constitution of the state; and that I will well and faithfully perform the duties of (title of office) on which I am now about to enter. So help me God.”,

and thereafter shall devote personal attention to the duties of the office, and continue in office until a successor qualifies.

A deputy sheriff can not exercise any power until he is bonded and affirms the sheriff;s oath of office. This is traditionally done through a formal verbal recitation of the oath and signing a form affirming the deputy's acknowledgement that he will uphold his oath of office.

Deputy sheriff's are not the same as a municipal or state police officer. The deputy sheriff embodies all of the duties, powers and responsibiiliitie4s of the sheriff. He is, essentially, the legal clone of the sheriff. As such, he is required to take the same oath of office as the sheriff. And, part of the duties and responsibilities of the sheriff is to enforce, uphold and follow the laws of the state and federal government. His deputies inherit these responsibilities.

It is important, for a deputy sheriff to know and understand his legal obligations and relationship to both the sheriff and the state of Florida. It is not the same as working as for a government subdivision, such as a municipal, county or state agency.
    Thank you sovereign citizen.

Unregistered
    Thank you sovereign citizen.
    *chuckle* I am hardly a sovereign citizen. I very much believe in the rule of law.

People do not get to simply make up the rules of a society unilaterally. A majority of people have to agree upon the laws to be passed, by their elected representatives. These representatives have to accurately represent the majority of their constituents. When the representative no longer represent the needs and desires of thee majority of their constituents and/pr the constituency decides to ignore the established laws and make their own rules, society disintegrates. One of the problems that we have today, is that are representatives no longer represent the majority of their constituents and their constituents are writing their own rules. When those rules conflict, the groups involved will attempt to enforce their rules and this often leads to violence.

Unregistered
    Again, follow the money.....The narrative is additional taxes are brought in, marijuana is good for everything that ails you. So much misinformation out there, and the media doesnt dig any deeper than a minute sound bite. The public is being sold on the idea that its raising money, while helping people. We all know just how much crime is associated with drug activity, yet, this is never highlighted. More crashes, more crime to get the money to buy the drugs, just to name a couple of reasons why the good doesn't outweigh the bad to society as a whole. As usual, we will be stuck with the aftermath that this is going to cause.

Unregistered
    I've been keeping medical marijuana in my home for more than six months and it's legalized in our state, but I haven't used it for a long time because I found a replacement. I switched to cbd oils after seeing an article that Keith Myers published where he talks about how they helped him during the depression and anxiety that he experienced a few years ago during a period of creative crisis. It's cool that even media personalities talk about such things and don't hesitate to do so

Unregistered
    If Biden gets in he will legalize recreational pot. Less BS arrests and cases to clog up the courts.

Unregistered
    yeah and cops will be using thc products eventually too.

stop crying and get with it dude - people are buying it in stores. do you think lawmakers have the best interest of the police in mind? if you answer yes to that - then it sucks to be uneducated and a programmed fool that you are.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast